Is there a thread that has next years roster? | The Boneyard

Is there a thread that has next years roster?

Reaction Score
I have lost track of who is coming in. Is it a good recruiting class? Thanks
no way of knowing who's gonna be on the roster until the season actually starts (see: all of the boneyard hand-wringing about transfers) but the @tcf15 scholarship grid is a good place to start:

as @rollskies pointed out, it is a very good recruiting class coming in.

Reaction Score
We bring back a good core, we are adding a real nice recruiting class, AND we still have 3 scholarships left to fill. I'd call that a pretty nice hand to be dealt.

If we can add a top notch shooter, and guys like Gaffney, Sanogo, and Jackson show normal progression, we could be damn good, especially if Akok returns to being an impact player. I expect Cole and Martin to embrace being veteran leaders. Perhaps it's their time to shine?

Reaction Score
He is a junior in his third year of high school. He can’t reclassify.
Yeah I don't know why many people think it's just so easy to reclassify. Recruits have to graduate high school before they can matriculate in college. I know a lot of recruits seem to do it but that's because they either were expecting to take a post graduate year (e.g. Shabazz Napier) or repeated a grade in high school and were close enough to having enough credits to graduate that they can easily get those credits and graduate. You just don't decide half way through your 3rd year of high school to graduate a year early because you want to. Anyone who has a son or daughter who is in their 3rd year of high school, tell me what the path would be for them to graduate this June?

Reaction Score
Any chance Floyd Jr reclasses? Heard he can already beat Sanogo in an arm wrestling match
I remember seeing an article on 247 or something like that saying that CFJ was reclassifying. Can’t remember exactly what it said, but it was something like “he is on his last year of high school and is heading to UConn next year.”

That was a while ago and I never heard anything else about it, so i’m guessing it was just a mistake in the article. But I really hope he does. Seems like he would be good physically to reclass, but obviously a lot more factors go into that.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing an article on 247 or something like that saying that CFJ was reclassifying. Can’t remember exactly what it said, but it was something like “he is on his last year of high school and is heading to UConn next year.”

That was a while ago and I never heard anything else about it, so i’m guessing it was just a mistake in the article. But I really hope he does. Seems like he would be good physically to reclass, but obviously a lot more factors go into that.
That was later corrected. The author of the article admitted that he made a mistake in writing what he did. He meant to say his junior high school season was over and not his high school career.

I found where it was.

Reaction Score
That was later corrected. The author of the article admitted that he made a mistake in writing what he did. He meant to say his junior high school season was over and not his high school career.

I found where it was.

Got it! I never saw that follow up. Thanks for sharing.

I figured it was a mistake but I was still holding on to the little bit of hope that he comes early - haha

Reaction Score
Any chance Floyd Jr reclasses? Heard he can already beat Sanogo in an arm wrestling match
His uncle on twitter said awhile back that Floyd Jr would not be reclassifying. My guess as to how it plays out: one senior returns, a transfer is added, and they get either a reclass or another ‘21 recruit to add to the class. I know seniors don’t count towards the scholarship limit, but I would imagine Hurley will treat it as if it does. Tough to carry more than 13 guys on a roster.

Reaction Score
Encouraged in reading Hurley quotes about him recognizing how challenged we are offensively and that playing a slow tempo is an efficiency killer.

He's a grinder, I have faith.

But I'm going to call a spade a spade - these 3 scholarships are super important fills - or we're scoring 50-65 ppg most of next season. They succeeded last spring beyond my wildest expectations landing Sanogo (as a long-time recruiting follower) so hoping they are more open to the transfer market than they let on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom