OT: - Is the USFL worth a watch? | The Boneyard

OT: Is the USFL worth a watch?

Reaction Score
Lately I've been weekend channel surfing and I keep seeing a USFL game on. I don't recognize the players and unfamiliar with teams. Hell I don't even know if the rules are the same and the NFL.

I love football but will this be a fading thingy (like before) or is it good football?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Not giving it a look yet. Not saying I will never. There’s just too much good stuff to watch right now. That and it’s beautiful outside.

Reaction Score
I liked it. I didn’t make a point of watching but when I’d pass it, I would keep it on. The St Louis Battlehawks sell out 60,000 fans and have a great Twitter account. I sort of latched onto them. Their QB is former backup AJ McCarron.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Worth a watch? As others have said if you are already in channel surfing mode, spending 15-30 minutes watching it won't kill you.

Reaction Score
I liked it. I didn’t make a point of watching but when I’d pass it, I would keep it on. The St Louis Battlehawks sell out 60,000 fans and have a great Twitter account. I sort of latched onto them. Their QB is former backup AJ McCarron.
Interesting about the sell outs. I wasn't feeling well over the weekend so I was sitting around. I caught a couple minutes of the NJ vs. Philly game. I think it was in Philly and there couldn't have been more than a couple thousand people in attendance (if that). I can't remember who played the next game that was on, but it looked like they were still under quarantine. I didn't see more than a handful of fans.

I watched like two possessions of the NJ game. Looked closer to college quality than NFL, but without the excitement of the crowd.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would think the best idea for franchises would be the larger metro areas without an NFL franchise, preferably also not an area with a major college football program- St. Louis, San Antonio, Orlando, San Diego, etc. Heck, a Hartford franchise could use the Rent.

The more of those areas you get the more likely the locals are to support more strongly. Putting a team in NYC metro, Philly, DC, etc screams minor league and people who are already heavily invested in their NFL franchise aren't wasting time and money on USFL.

Now, if the USFL came to an agreement with the NFL to have some sort of developmental program where NFL draft picks or practice squad players could get on the rosters and have an affiliate agreement between NFL franchises and USFL franchises, you might get some more fans in NFL markets.

Reaction Score
St. Louis Battlehawks is XFL and not USFL.

Reaction Score
Interesting about the sell outs. I wasn't feeling well over the weekend so I was sitting around. I caught a couple minutes of the NJ vs. Philly game. I think it was in Philly and there couldn't have been more than a couple thousand people in attendance (if that). I can't remember who played the next game that was on, but it looked like they were still under quarantine. I didn't see more than a handful of fans.

I watched like two possessions of the NJ game. Looked closer to college quality than NFL, but without the excitement of the crowd.
If Philly was the home team they actually play in Ford Field in Detroit. They share the stadium with the Michigan Panthers. If NJ was the home team it would of been Canton, Ohio who they share the filed with the Pittsburgh Maulers. USFL is still playing in bubble cites if you want to call it that. LOL! That is a huge problem.

Reaction Score
I read that the St Louis XFL team lead the XFL in attendance...30K plus

Reaction Score
Not really. I'll watch a few minutes here and there. Never more than a few downs

Reaction Score
If Philly was the home team they actually play in Ford Field in Detroit. They share the stadium with the Michigan Panthers. If NJ was the home team it would of been Canton, Ohio who they share the filed with the Pittsburgh Maulers. USFL is still playing in bubble cites if you want to call it that. LOL! That is a huge problem.
Yeah I don't really understand why they're the Philadelphia Stars when they play home games in Detroit. How do they expect to get fans that way? I'd go to a game or two if they played in Philly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom