OT: - Is LeBron Still the Best? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Is LeBron Still the Best?

Reaction Score
oh really? let's look closer at two straight outta highschool players.
LeBron. 4 league mvp, 3 Finals mvp, 15 allstar games, 1 scoring champ, 12 all-nba teams, 5 all defensive teams, 3 rings. and four different teams.
kobe. 1 league mvp, 2 Finals mvp, 18 allstar games, 2 scoring champs, 15 all-nba teams, 12 all-defensive teams,
5 rings. and just one team.
are u certain LeBron will at least tie kobe in scoring champs, allstar games, all-nba teams, all defensive teams, and rings? i'm not.
I think this sounded better in your head, particularly since some of your numbers are wrong.

Reaction Score
oh really? let's look closer at two straight outta highschool players.
LeBron. 4 league mvp, 3 Finals mvp, 15 allstar games, 1 scoring champ, 12 all-nba teams, 5 all defensive teams, 3 rings. and four different teams.
kobe. 1 league mvp, 2 Finals mvp, 18 allstar games, 2 scoring champs, 15 all-nba teams, 12 all-defensive teams,
5 rings. and just one team.
are u certain LeBron will at least tie kobe in scoring champs, allstar games, all-nba teams, all defensive teams, and rings? i'm not.
I am a big Kobe/Laker fan and even I think this logic is ridiculous... Lebron > Kobe and it's not very close

Reaction Score
LeBron is still the best. Stop making up drama. All these guys you are saying are "better" all have all-stars around them. LeBron is just playing for a poorly constructed/young team.
Clearly he is a great basketball player. In addition to that he is a rude, selfish, crude, bad sport and last but not least has NO CLASS. I say retire, go spend all your millions, enjoy and SHUT UP....

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
I am a big Kobe/Laker fan and even I think this logic is ridiculous... Lebron > Kobe and it's not very close

add on the fact that "one team" isn't really an argument for someone being better. Nowadays, players leave teams often. It's a different game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Clearly he is a great basketball player. In addition to that he is a rude, selfish, crude, bad sport and last but not least has NO CLASS. I say retire, go spend all your millions, enjoy and SHUT UP....

He's a better and classier human being than you are. You really ought to consider modeling yourself after him. That version of you would be much preferable.

Reaction Score
Whatever you think of LeBron, he's lightyears better than Kobe.

Jordan, Russell, Kareem, and LeBron is your Rushmore.

For sure. LeBron is head and shoulders above Kobe as a player and I'm not a fan of LeBron. Kobe is probably the most overrated superstar by a generation of fans. A whole slew of NBA fans grew up watching Kobe thinking he was as good, or close, to MJ yet they never saw prime MJ. It's not their fault but they were ignorant. The media hype didn't help either.

Reaction Score
I think LBJ has played about 148 more games than MJ?

LeBron 'crying' on the sideline when the record was announced is an ALL TIME LeBron moment. Died laughing.

The upside of LeBron in LA is it's provided so many moments to just shake your head this year. I'm actually enjoying it immensely.
I don't see how Lebron going to LA is helping his legacy. He's obviously trying to create some sort of "super team" out there which may happen with this summer's free agency but missing the playoffs and being an NBA vagabond doesn't seem like the best way to try and prove you are as good or better than Jordan.

Reaction Score
Rude, selfish, crude, bad sport, no class.

Words that jump to mind when discussing an individual who is sending 2,000+ kids to college tuition free.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Words that jump to mind when discussing an individual who is sending 2,000+ kids to college tuition free.

He's not though. Definitely helped out significantly, but it's the City of Akron taxpayers who are footing 70+% of the bill iirc.

In classic LeBron fashion, he did take the credit tho. haha

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rushmore of NBA?

Jordan
Jabbar
Magic
Bron Bron

Chamberlain and Oscar get screwed the most because their size and ability we're so superior to any of their contemporaries. They revolutionized positions and how basketball gets played and did it before TV. But they didn't win a whole bunch of championships.

Reaction Score
He's not though. Definitely helped out significantly, but it's the City of Akron taxpayers who are footing 70+% of the bill iirc.

In classic LeBron fashion, he did take the credit tho. haha
He’s also one of, if not the, most well spoken Superstars sport has ever seen. Not a blemish on his record, does so much for the community, etc. He is someone our kids should look up to.

Reaction Score
I don't see how Lebron going to LA is helping his legacy. He's obviously trying to create some sort of "super team" out there which may happen with this summer's free agency but missing the playoffs and being an NBA vagabond doesn't seem like the best way to try and prove you are as good or better than Jordan.
I never thought that LeBron went to L.A. for basketball. His basketball legacy is secure. It is this: Arguably the best ever. He could win 0 more games or 6 more titles and that would not change. He'd still be: Arguably the best ever. People will point to his finals losses, handpicking teams, quitting at one point, passing on clutch shots, and so on, to argue against him. Whether or not he wins any more games.

If he wanted to go somewhere to win championships, he would have gone to Philly. If he was there now, Philly would be in the finals for the next few years, and he'd have picked up one or many titles.

He went to L.A. because his legacy, when it's all over, isn't going to be just basketball.

I can see the guy being a Senator, Governor, or President. If you think that's outlandish, I'd say let the thought season and ruminate. People are seriously talking about other celebrities running straight for President. Oprah, for one. Why not LeBron?

L.A. was the obvious place for him to go if he was thinking of life after basketball.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Rushmore of NBA?

Jordan
Jabbar
Magic
Bron Bron

Chamberlain and Oscar get screwed the most because their size and ability we're so superior to any of their contemporaries. They revolutionized positions and how basketball gets played and did it before TV. But they didn't win a whole bunch of championships.

Russell's really not on there? Talk about dominance. And he's the only one to win as a coach as well.

Reaction Score
He’s also one of, if not the, most well spoken Superstars sport has ever seen. Not a blemish on his record, does so much for the community, etc. He is someone our kids should look up to.
He can definitely be a role model for kids and hasn't gotten in any trouble but one of, if not the, most well spoken superstars sport has ever seen?

That's pretty disrespectful to a ton of superstar athletes past and present.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

There's plenty of well spoken guys, so I'm not going there, but I always credit him in how to be an upstanding citizen. Great guy to model yourself in that regard.

As long as the kids don't emulate some of his lack of genuine humility, whining, throwing teammates under the bus, and some of the other things etc.

He's imperfect, everyone is. I'm not gonna kill him for that. But I sure as hell am gonna laugh at his ridiculousness.

Reaction Score
He can definitely be a role model for kids and hasn't gotten in any trouble but one of, if not the, most well spoken superstars sport has ever seen? That's pretty disrespectful to a ton of superstar athletes past and present.
LeBron plainly isn't particularly well-spoken, and certainly we could quickly throw out a bunch of superstars who are/were better spoken (Kareem, e.g.), but saying some guy is "the best" without much support has nothing to do with respect or lack of respect for others.

Reaction Score
When you can return from the longest injury layoff of your career, average a near triple-double in your return, and have people reasonably argue you have lost a step..............you are still probably the best.

It should also be noted, he took more games to pass MJ in scoring, but he did so with fewer shot attempts. He is the definition of basketball efficiency.

Lebron also has a higher FG% and 3-point FG% than Jordan. Both are superior to Kobe in both categories.

Reaction Score
Rushmore of NBA?

Jordan
Jabbar
Magic
Bron Bron

Hard to argue with your list. I would give Wilt the nod over Magic, but Wilt was such an outlier in his day.

Reaction Score
He can definitely be a role model for kids and hasn't gotten in any trouble but one of, if not the, most well spoken superstars sport has ever seen?

That's pretty disrespectful to a ton of superstar athletes past and present.
I mean, at least in my lifetime I can’t remember a more well-spoken world star, one who has endures all the criticism in the world, and then some. Who are you thinking of that saying this is disrespectful towards?

Reaction Score
Has taken 1200+ fewer shots. And LeBron isn’t even a scorer.

LeBron 'crying' on the sideline when the record was announced is an ALL TIME LeBron moment. Died laughing.

The upside of LeBron in LA is it's provided so many moments to just shake your head this year. I'm actually enjoying it immensely.
Thanks for expressing your great interest in LeBron and the Lakers
MJ will always be the best until someone can grab 6 and maybe even 7 the way he got his 6. 6>3. Also, there are better in todays game too.

Any way, Lebron might have passed MJ in points but he also has like a 5 years advantage, MJ went to UNI for three years and sat out 2 years to play bball. Imagine how many more points MJ would have had, had he played a least 3 of those 5 years. What if Kareem had not played 4 years of college ball, imagine how many more points he would have had. But again, not even about points, just 6>3. (6-0 too, vs, like 3-6)...

Jordan, Kareem or Russell, Wilt, Kobe are the mt. rushmore of all time greats. Lebron would maybe get a big statue in an honory museum very close by along with Bird, Magic, Duncan, Oscar and Ray and players of that level.
lol MJ needed to go to college for 3 years under Dean Smith, then needed Phil, then needed a few HOFers and the Bad Boys to get old in order to get out of his own conference

And this is a point against LeBron?

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

He's crying and the LA fans simply give him a golf clap. Quite an awkward moment.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
For sure. LeBron is head and shoulders above Kobe as a player and I'm not a fan of LeBron. Kobe is probably the most overrated superstar by a generation of fans. A whole slew of NBA fans grew up watching Kobe thinking he was as good, or close, to MJ yet they never saw prime MJ. It's not their fault but they were ignorant. The media hype didn't help either.
I know I'm asking for it, but the this threads comments about Kobe are really surprising. Why the hate? Seriously. I hear these comments and I seriously want to know what was it about Kobe's game and career that invalidates top 10 status.

Kobe was a great two-way player, dominant in many ways like Jordan, and unlike many star NBA two guards, he cared about the defensive side of the ball. Lebron is better, but that does not negate Kobe's greatness.

Reaction Score
I know I'm asking for it, but the this threads comments about Kobe are really surprising. Why the hate? Seriously. I hear these comments and I seriously want to know what was it about Kobe's game and career that invalidates top 10 status.

Kobe was a great two-way player, dominant in many ways like Jordan, and unlike many star NBA two guards, he cared about the defensive side of the ball. Lebron is better, but that does not negate Kobe's greatness.
He’s definitely top 10, however closer to the fringe and KD has a shot if he goes 4 straight in GS then goes to a Clippers or a Knicks and wins a ‘ship. I think right behind Kobe right now you have Bird, Jerry West, Shaq, Big O, and Hakeem in some order. Some of those are some serious names left for KD to pass, albeit he isn’t super far off

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom