Is It Time to Panic? | The Boneyard

Is It Time to Panic?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If by panic you mean, acknowledge that there are other teams with as good a chance as UConn to win the national championship, I'd say the answer is yes.

If you mean that UConn's out of the running for a natty, nope.

Reaction Score
Panic would be based on unfullfilled unrealistic expectations. Better to just wait and see how things work out. It is what it is and might actually turn out better than expected.
However, Panic could be based on truth! We as Uconn fans are so far from the panic point, it's too early to pull out the gun to end the worry. Let us dispense with the NC or FF worries. It is time to enjoy what we have.
That does not preclude Fans from acting and writing as FAN are supposed to do. Second guessing the coaching staff.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Screaming The Muppets GIF

Reaction Score
I hope i'm wrong but the way this team is playing now they may fall out of the top 25 this year.
In the early going, SC, UCLA, Texas and NC State look like the four best teams. UConn has lost to three of them and will undoubtedly lose to the fourth. The season now depends on what they do with the rest of the schedule. The team is still an unknown quantity.

Reaction Score
I had very high expectations for the team based on what Geno was saying, not necessarily what I saw on the court over the summer and I simply need to adjust my expectations to what I have seen so far. This team has lost a couple of important parts that Geno was counting on and I don't think he has really come to the realization that he needs to start putting plan B into effect. With that said they still have some of the best players in the country, they just happen to all be about the same size and that is an issue.

Will they win most of their games? Yes I think they will. Can they beat the top teams who have some length? Not with their current in game rotations. Will they still be fun to watch? I think so as long as you don't expect them to win every game or blow out every Big East opponent. UConn will beat the teams they can match up with on height with Paige, AE and any other three they put on the floor but to compete with the top 10 they will need more length. The million dollar question for me is will they realize their fortunes in March are tied to how much Amari can contribute at that time?

Yep, that is what I think.

sun

Reaction Score
There's no need to panic, as long as Amari is available to play there's always hope.
She can sink some shots to save the day! :D

Reaction Score
We got 25 plus games left. Catch me in March. Then I will let you know if it is time to panic or not. I believe this team will come together and shock a lot of people.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say panic, but surrendering to realty is more like it. Of course , losses to both NC and Louisville could push Husky Nation into full throttle panic. Should it? I guess it depends on your expectations for the team. For this group in this set of circumstances, IMO sweet 16 would be a successful season and Elite 8 would be an overachievement. A FF would be Geno’s greatest coaching accomplishment and would propel this team among the all time greats, given the circumstances.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
"Now you've got to redo the whole puzzle, because now the puzzle that you were making doesn't work anymore so you've got to take that apart and use the pieces that you have, and it's going to make a completely different picture," Auriemma said on a recent episode of The Geno Auriemma Show. "And you're doing that while you're playing and while you're getting your ass beat. That's not a recipe for loving life right now at this point."

Geno has a way of putting things.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not yet. The team hasn't thrown its best punch yet. There's no ceiling on the development of the four freshmen. While not counting on it, there's a possibility that both Caroline and Ayanna can come back and deliver quality minutes. As the season progresses, Paige's skills and instincts will gradually sharpen. Ideally, as the tourney looms, she will take it upon herself to do whatever is necessary for UConn to be successful.

There's a gap between UConn and 5-8 other teams right now, but it is easier to close a gap than it is to maintain one. SC was miles ahead of everyone last season and their coronation was a given. LSU had a favorable draw in the tournament, survived a close call and finally took advantage. All it takes is for a team or a player to get scalding hot (think Iowa & Clark) and it comes down to a single game or play.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If she got less than a minute against Ball State, I think it’s safe to say that ship has sailed
I think you have posted exactly what some of us (well, me) have been wanting to post.
I think she is one of UConn's greatest players, unfortunately only off the court. She seems to be having a good time when sitting on the bench.

Reaction Score
UConn has two challenging games coming up in UNC and Louisville. To me, the UNC game
will be very important for the team's confidence. I believe that if they beat UNC they will beat
Louisville. If they lose to UNC they will lose to Louisville.

Reaction Score
I had very high expectations for the team based on what Geno was saying, not necessarily what I saw on the court over the summer and I simply need to adjust my expectations to what I have seen so far. This team has lost a couple of important parts that Geno was counting on and I don't think he has really come to the realization that he needs to start putting plan B into effect. With that said they still have some of the best players in the country, they just happen to all be about the same size and that is an issue.

Will they win most of their games? Yes I think they will. Can they beat the top teams who have some length? Not with their current in game rotations. Will they still be fun to watch? I think so as long as you don't expect them to win every game or blow out every Big East opponent. UConn will beat the teams they can match up with on height with Paige, AE and any other three they put on the floor but to compete with the top 10 they will need more length. The million dollar question for me is will they realize their fortunes in March are tied to how much Amari can contribute at that time?

Yep, that is what I think.
If it all boils down to Amari at the end, then yes, it's time to panic.

Sorry. Thats just ridiculous.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
In other news, the world is falling apart. Go Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom