Is Big East Expansion complacency costs its teams NCAA bids? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Big East Expansion complacency costs its teams NCAA bids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Add Gonzaga and go to 22 league games. The NCAA tournament is likely expanding to 76 soon so the league should get 6-7 bids most years.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Does anyone actually have the info on Big East bids every year of the tourny?

The overreactions here are pretty friggin' crazy.
Not really. Only twice has a BE team with 20 wins on Selection Sunday missed the field since 13/14. Three missed it alone this year. This is going to result in an expanded tournament.

Reaction Score
Not really. Only twice has a BE team with 20 wins on Selection Sunday missed the field since 13/14. Three missed it alone this year. This is going to result in an expanded tournament.
RIP Shizzle-ology. As I told you weeks ago, when 4 (or for Providence 5) wins are DePaul/GTown sub 200 teams, a raw win count isn't a good metric.

Reaction Score
nova would never allow another pennsyvania team nvermind another philly team

Never? Nova welcomed Temple into the oBE.

I would not favor Joes though.

Expansion for expansion’s sake doesn’t help.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
1. I said I'd pick no one.
2. If we're picking someone based on profile, it's catholic school in a major city.
3. They offer a different market than some of the other suggestions (St. Joe's, Dayton)
4. All the suggestions suck, which is why we shouldn't expand. Saint Louis at least offers something new within our footprint.
St Louis is the obvious choice for many of the reasons you stated above, plus they’ve already been in the same league with almost all of the teams around them in the BE already at some point or another in previous conference iterations

People just don’t like to hear it because they’re clearly not in any way a peer institution to UConn. But none of the teams in this league (urban, private religiously affiliated schools) are institutional peers to us as a large, land grant, public agricultural flagship state U. Which is why they then suggest things like “maybe we’ll take Pitt and Syracuse!” When the reality is that will never, ever happen

Reaction Score
Expansion is not saving the Big East because none of the additions bring bids with them. The billikens make the NCAA how often? Gonzaga is a pipe dream. Temple is like a lot of other programs where they brought bids when the year was 1998. I may stick on the football side but i'm a sports fan and numbers guy. Reality is that once G'town and St. Johns went into the pile the entire league was in a world of hurt. You should be ecstatic that Creighton has built its prestige and that Marquette has held their own. Villanova's on a down year, that will happen. DePaul? 1998 syndrome. Butler? Do they have long term proof?

Now, don't get me wrong, SLU would be kind of nice but the Big East is more like half of the big east and half of the prestige of the old A10. Maybe if you can awaken G'town and they can throw around some NIL money maybe something happens.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Never? Nova welcomed Temple into the oBE.

I would not favor Joes though.

Expansion for expansion’s sake doesn’t help.
Helps me get to see the Huskies two more times per year.

Sign ‘em up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22