Is Athletic Director Dave Benedict Out of Touch With UConn Football Fans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Athletic Director Dave Benedict Out of Touch With UConn Football Fans

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. If Lashlee were here we would have a lot more years and Steven Krajewski would be a multi year starter.
I'm confused as to why everybody is so confident that Steven Krajewski should be starting. RE says Jack Zergiotis separated himself in camp. Is a few, long, incomplete passes all it takes to get yall excited?

Reaction Score
The AD is sitting there satisfied with the mens and womens basketball and doesn't give a rats arse what the other teams do
Still waiting for the P5 AD position that I don't think will come his way
BTW - all you people who keep talking Lashlee - he was NEVER going to stay at UConn no matter the money or promises -NEVER
Many of the programs are actually doing very, very well.

Reaction Score
I'm confused as to why everybody is so confident that Steven Krajewski should be starting. RE says Jack Zergiotis separated himself in camp. Is a few, long, incomplete passes all it takes to get yall excited?
Did you watch the game? It was more than just a “few, long, incomplete passes.” He had numerous receivers 8-12 yards downfield and either threw it at their feet or just out and out missed them. You have to make those passes when you’re not under pressure or no one is within 10 feet of the receiver.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the game? It was more than just a “few, long, incomplete passes.” He had numerous receivers 8-12 yards downfield and either threw it at their feet or just out and out missed them. You have to make those passes when you’re not under pressure or no one is within 10 feet of the receiver.
He missed 2 downfield passes, threw a low pass to Ross and missed an out route. 4 passes that were his fault. Big whoop, 1 of those he missed for a TD would've been called back anyways. Nobody mentions improved ball security, his improved movement in the pocket or that he made good decisions with his feet. Not sure why we're scapegoating the kid but it's really weird.

Reaction Score
Transference.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's DB's fault. The entire school is being ran by a completely out of touch, short sighted and cheap millionaire BoT. Nothing is going to get fixed until we completely overhaul the BoT.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's DB's fault. The entire school is being ran by a completely out of touch, short sighted and cheap millionaire BoT. Nothing is going to get fixed until we completely overhaul the BoT.
Spot on. Clueless, parochial people trying to relive the past which isn't coming back. This is what the rest of the world thinks of us...Schools That Will NOT Join the Big 12 | Top 5 | Conference Realignment - YouTube

You will note how much basketball moves the needle - zero.

Reaction Score
I wish they could replace RE but there isn't anyone that can come and turn this thing around. We are an Independent with a lack of resources to bring in any kind of talent other than ones that have "potential". We will be stuck in football purgatory while the college football landscape changes all around us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Spot on. Clueless, parochial people trying to relive the past which isn't coming back. This is what the rest of the world thinks of us...Schools That Will NOT Join the Big 12 | Top 5 | Conference Realignment - YouTube

You will note how much basketball moves the needle - zero.
True. But it should never be forgotten that UConn wouldn't have even sniffed D-1 FB without basketball. You would throw that all away for not even a slightly better chance at the big-time. If more money is needed it needs to come from private donors like yourself.

Reaction Score
I can assure you, even if Randy fails and gets fired/resigns, he will have put together a solid roster that a good coach can win with. This is always Randy’s saving grace. He knows potential when he sees it and he knows athleticism when he sees it. He has an elite talent in that regard.

If he is fired, AD Dave needs to go into stealth damage control to keep the players and get them excited by hiring an exciting coach. I have no doubt a guy like Rhett Lashlee would have put at least 3 touchdowns up yesterday. I also have no doubt Steven Krajewski would be the QB.
Damn AD Dave might have to... checks notes... do what is in his job description and hire the best new coach he possibly can

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
True. But it should never be forgotten that UConn wouldn't have even sniffed D-1 FB without basketball. You would throw that all away for not even a slightly better chance at the big-time. If more money is needed it needs to come from private donors like yourself.
That’s 100% true as well.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
HCRE gets the year. No way is he fired before that. Not with Covid, the year off and making a change now makes zero sense. I know some hated his re-hire, but he is here now and has till December at the very least, so deal with it

Go support the players if nothing else

Reaction Score
I don’t think Benedict is out of touch, I just think he needs to satisfy his other fan bases first. Football is #3 in the pecking order. Men’s basketball fans wanted the NEWBIE and would take it over any other option. He got that and gave them what they wanted. He hopes they help pay the bills.

As far as football goes he wants a program like Army or Navy pre-AAC. Play a schedule that includes a couple of payday games and the rest regional or lower level CUSA/Sunbelt. Put together a winning record.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He missed 2 downfield passes, threw a low pass to Ross and missed an out route. 4 passes that were his fault. Big whoop, 1 of those he missed for a TD would've been called back anyways. Nobody mentions improved ball security, his improved movement in the pocket or that he made good decisions with his feet. Not sure why we're scapegoating the kid but it's really weird.

If you think Jack Zergiotis only had four really subpar throws against Fresno you were watching a different game than everyone else.

Reaction Score
If you think Jack Zergiotis only had four really subpar throws against Fresno you were watching a different game than everyone else.
That covers 4/12 of his incompletions. Ross dropped a pass on another that would've went for a 1st down. Maybe UConnCountry can break down the other 7, but the flak he's catching is ridiculous. People are hating on him because he's Edsalls choice under center and they hate RE.

Reaction Score
I'm more concerned with how many runs went for negative yardage and the terrible oline play in general. It's true that he had trouble putting touch on the ball, which was an issue in 2019, but the other things which plagued him looked to be cleaned up. He didn't make any silly passing decisions, just missed some throws. He moved well in the pocket and didn't run into any sacks like would've in 2019. And ball security was on point other than the strip sack which was 100% Lundt's fault.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That covers 4/12 of his incompletions. Ross dropped a pass on another that would've went for a 1st down. Maybe UConnCountry can break down the other 7, but the flak he's catching is ridiculous. People are hating on him because he's Edsalls choice under center and they hate RE.

Just to make sure we are correctly categorizing all the "hate", place me in the Jack Zergiotis sucked it up real bad and still hasn't shown the ability to pass accurately in D1 football.
Also, put me in the camp of Jack Zergiotis's inability to pass accurately is independent of Edsall's need to stay or go. Although Edsall putting out a QB who can't pass is more an indictment of RE than it is Jack Zergiotis.

Reaction Score
Winning close or losing tomorrow will show we are still a lower level FCS caliber program with nothing to look forward to this season except beatdown after humiliating beatdown. Winning big tomorrow would bolster the team's confidence and give hope to the fans. The team really needs to go out there and rout HC, if they can. I think they can and will. We win 48-7. The long awaited turnaround starts to be seen tomorrow. Do it!

Reaction Score
Just to make sure we are correctly categorizing all the "hate", place me in the Jack Zergiotis sucked it up real bad and still hasn't shown the ability to pass accurately in D1 football.
Also, put me in the camp of Jack Zergiotis's inability to pass accurately is independent of Edsall's need to stay or go. Although Edsall putting out a QB who can't pass is more an indictment of RE than it is Jack Zergiotis.

I'm more honed in on the other facets of his play which improved and continue to be ignored. To me, it's premature after 1 game to jump on the kid. When you dive deeper it's obvious that some of the incompletions were the result of poor footing (both him & recievers), very bad oline performance & 0 running game.

Reaction Score
Dave says we are in a great position…Dave went missing after Fresno…Dave better wake up to reality. I’d like Dave to at least publicly acknowledge things are not acceptable and assert some form of leadership.

Reaction Score
This is usually the game where UConn plays a pretty sound game. Gets our hopes up for next week then they get routed by Purdue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom