Iowa-Indiana Incredible Finish! | The Boneyard

Iowa-Indiana Incredible Finish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love women's basketball. I love the spread out array of talent that has brought parity to the game. I hugely admire the extraordinary skills of Caitlin Clark. I hope lots of my fellow Boneyarders got a chance to watch the just-concluded Iowa-Indiana game, and the magic Caitlin brought to the finish!

Reaction Score
Did not see the game but looking at the scoring timeline why didn't Indiana try to miss the FT with 1 sec left?
Good point! But still, the magic was real!
Paige-like, right?:cool:

What a great game, and what a show of the talents of Caitlin Clark, Grace Berger and Mackenzie Holmes, all of whom are simply great players.

At one point during the first half, Rebecaa Lobo said about Caitlin: 'There's no one like her in women's basketball, college or pro.'

A while later, Rebecca said Caitlin ranks with Sue Bird, DT and Courtney Vandersloot as the best transition passers.

It sounds strange to say after a game giving up 85 points, Iowa actually played good defense. It was simply a super game between two entertaining, quality teams.

Reaction Score
There should not be any question about it or any other discussion from the talking heads at the nationally televised games. This is Clark’s award, every one else has to be a distant second….! This kid has been consistently outrageously outstanding every game. She is just on a completely different level from anyone playing today!

Reaction Score
I watched most of the game and came away really impressed with Indiana. They have threats from 3, the mid-range and post. Their spacing, ball-movement and offensive flow is so much better than ours and they minimize the turnovers.

I think Catlin Clark is a great talent but she gets the benefits of a lot of touch fouls, and seemed to complain whenever she didn't get the calls they wanted.

Reaction Score
I watched most of the game and came away really impressed with Indiana. They have threats from 3, the mid-range and post. Their spacing, ball-movement and offensive flow is so much better than ours and they minimize the turnovers.

I think Catlin Clark is a great talent but she gets the benefits of a lot of touch fouls, and seemed to complain whenever she didn't get the calls they wanted.
Nika 2

Reaction Score

Agreed re Indiana, a really well-balanced, well-coached team.

Re Caitlin, she gets the calls that all top players get, and pretty much every one of the top players complains when she doesn't get a call, right?;)

Reaction Score
Great game, fabulous shot. But two big Indiana coaching mistakes in the last 1.5 seconds.

First, as someone else point out, Indiana should have tried to miss the free throw--a three was much more plausible for Iowa than a two, so the extra point didn't matter nearly as much as the extra half second (at least) for a rebound.

Second--why in the world wasn't Indiana prepared to switch instantly on a screen for Clark? Or maybe have two players ready to pick up after a screen? Who did they think was going to shoot it? And then they could have had a third player ready to pick up Czinano in case she rolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom