Iowa game: Saturday (1PM EDT) [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Iowa game: Saturday (1PM EDT) [merged thread]

Reaction Score
it will probably be either the 3pm ABC or 8pm ESPN2 game. I would predict the latter.

Reaction Score

Saturday, March 27​

MATCHUPTIME (CT)NAT TVTICKETSLOCATION
TBDTBDTBDAlamodome, San Antonio, TX
NCAA Women's Championship pres. by Capital One - Mercado Region - Semifinal
NCAA Women's Championship pres. by Capital One - River Walk Region - Semifinal
NCAA Women's Championship pres. by Capital One - Hemisfair Region - Semifinal

We are either 3pm or 6pm on saturday

Reaction Score

Saturday, March 27​

MATCHUPTIME (CT)NAT TVTICKETSLOCATION
NCAA Women's Championship pres. by Capital One - Mercado Region - Semifinal
NCAA Women's Championship pres. by Capital One - Hemisfair Region - Semifinal

We are either 3pm or 6pm on saturday
If that order were guaranteed, they would've filled in the times. But they're listed as TBD.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm sure they can change the TV schedule, this will be the most watched of them all. I would prefer 8:00.

Reaction Score
Geno has said many times that he prefers earlier games. His reasoning that it's best for a team to wake up, have a meal, shoot around, and play w/out having hour upon hour to think about what's going to happen.
Are any of you suggesting that the TV folks will do what's in their best interests and not follow the wishes of the greatest coach who ever walked in the tide of times (Shakespeare)?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno has said many times that he prefers earlier games. His reasoning that it's best for a team to wake up, have a meal, shoot around, and play w/out having hour upon hour to think about what's going to happen.
Are any of you suggesting that the TV folks will do what's in their best interests and not follow the wishes of the greatest coach whoever walked in the tide of times (Shakespeare)?
Yeah I knew Geno had mentioned this in the past. It's one of the reasons I think we've had trouble getting over the hump in the national semifinal in recent years. Geno says they try to reset the players' clocks by having them sleep in a little later to essentially shift their day, but I don't think that really works.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Are any of you suggesting that the TV folks will do what's in their best interests and not follow the wishes of the greatest coach whoever walked in the tide of times (Shakespeare)?
Is that quote from Geno and Juliet, or perhaps All's Well That Ends in a Natty, or maybe Titus and Auriemma? I can't seem to place it. :confused:

Reaction Score
Is that quote from Geno and Juliet, or perhaps All's Well That Ends in a Natty, or maybe Titus and Auriemma? I can't seem to place it. :confused:
Ah ha. Finally, I get a round. It's from "Julius Caesar," spoken about the man himself. Remember how Caesar is described as a colossus from around whose legs mere mortal peep? "He was the noblest man that ever lived in the tide of times."
Regarding the tournament: There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. Play ball!

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Ah ha. Finally, I get a round. It's from "Julius Caesar," spoken about the man himself. Remember how Caesar is described as a colossus from around whose legs mere mortal peep? "He was the noblest man that ever lived in the tide of times."
Regarding the tournament: There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. Play ball!
"Thou art the ruins of the noblest man that ever lived in the tide of times. Woe to the hand that shed this costly blood." As was said in the 1935 film, Annie Oakley, "Close, Colonel, but no cigar!" At least that is what I read once. As my man Geoffrey Chaucer remarked in one of those tales of his , 'Time and tide wait for no man'. So on to Iowa and Ms Clark.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that the men’s tournament also plays on Saturday and those games are usually televised at night, so the maximum audience for WBB may be daytime.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that the men’s tournament also plays on Saturday and those games are usually televised at night, so the maximum audience for WBB may be daytime.
The times for the men's games on Saturday:

2:40 (Oregon St v Loyola Chicago)
5:15 (Villanova v Baylor)
7:25 (Oral Roberts v Arkansas)
9:55 (Syracuse v Houston)

Not exactly ratings killers playing on Saturday.

We can expect that the Baylor women won't be scheduled opposite the Baylor men.

Reaction Score
I've looked at my schedule for Saturday and find no weddings, surgery or funerals, so any time works for me. if I had my druthers I'd take 8pm so the afternoon is free to do whatever on a nice summery day (Florida you know) but whatever time it is I'll be there.

Reaction Score
The times for the men's games on Saturday:

2:40 (Oregon St v Loyola Chicago)
5:15 (Villanova v Baylor)
7:25 (Oral Roberts v Arkansas)
9:55 (Syracuse v Houston)

Not exactly ratings killers playing on Saturday.

We can expect that the Baylor women won't be scheduled opposite the Baylor men.
The OR/AR game is the big draw for Saturday and they knew it based on the time slot.

Reaction Score
"Thou art the ruins of the noblest man that ever lived in the tide of times. Woe to the hand that shed this costly blood." As was said in the 1935 film, Annie Oakley, "Close, Colonel, but no cigar!" At least that is what I read once. As my man Geoffrey Chaucer remarked in one of those tales of his , 'Time and tide wait for no man'. So on to Iowa and Ms Clark.
Hope folks know that Annie Oakley was a real person and not a show biz creation. The movie to which you refer starred Barbara Stanwyck (pictured). The historical Oakley was, IMO, more attractive that Stanwyck, and Annie DID get her man with a gun. Trust in Oakley's marriage was based on her husband's willingness to have a cigarette shot out of his mouth by her.
I can think of 3 other women who portrayed Oakley (film and stage). Can you name them?
1616617158473.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom