Iona | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Iona

Reaction Score
Hi Guys,

I agree with Okafour rings in how the Iona game could pan out.

But I've known Little Ricky Pitino since the '60's NY basketball camps when he would so obviously brown-nose Looie, Kresse, Clair Bee, Jack Rohan, Lou Rossini & van Breda Kolff. And I think he's the best in the business & has been for a long time.

He recruits his guards for different physical attributes than do most coaches: His guards must HAVE CONFIDENCE, be physical, be able to shoot the three (especially at the end of games), press all game, & and never get tired.

Yes, I do believe our bigs could have a big night against Iona. BUT....I also believe that Iona's guards could have a field day against the shortcomings of our poor ball-handling guards, especially Newton. They will press us like crazy.

Iona may be beat up. But they went 27-7. Give him time & Ricky Pitino will find a way to make your program elite & to win most of his games. He has never changed. He is elite in any game. Even at 70, Pitino is as competitive as Jpordan ever was.

If the game is close at the end, Dan Hurley will look like Red with his green playbook in the Bourbon Bowl from "Waterboy." IMO, Pitino will run circles around DH in that situation & respond much faster in every situation.

If our guards can beat Iona's press & get the ball to our Bigs without dribbling much, then the Huskies should be fine & move on.

Father Demo

PS: I wish Ricky Pitino was our coach. St. John's will finally get the coach they've needed for so long. Watch out for the Johnnies next season.
Really? We just blew out Little Ricky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom