Iona | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Iona

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Definitely someone we don’t want to play in the first round but St. Mary’s is a weak 5. Sweet 16 or failure.
Weak may be a bit much...lost to zags 2x, beat them once. Lost to Houston by 2 and couple others in OT.

Reaction Score
a note from kids U12 soccer club coach
“As I told them before the game ‘I could easily give you an excuse as to why we don’t turn up today… I won’t do it.’ Cold, Wet, Rainy, only a sub or two, diabolical refereeing, all the excuses were there for them to fold and they didn’t. We’ve won games where we didn’t play as well as we did in either game this weekend. These are the games that when these guys are 17/18 years old they can look back and say that this weekend was one that shaped them as a players. Some absolutely heroic performances today with people being asked to do new jobs for the first time and also putting bodies on the line for the teams. I also felt like we got better in both halves so 2-0 us but also they didn’t get better at football ok the other side they just had a kid who could throw the ball far, that’s it. While they had a few good players, they didn’t beat us or get a draw against us at football they just had a shot-putter and a ref on their side. Excellent performance pressing the ball how I asked us to go together as a unit, moving the ball was good but not great, still more work to do there. See you all soon!”

Reaction Score
If we get to the S16 or further then it becomes BRUTAL. Kansas had an argument for being the #1 overall seed until last night, UCLA could've also been a 1, and Gonzaga is playing great basketball right now.

Yes, but we only have to play 2 of them. Kansas and either Gonzaga or UCLA.

Reaction Score
Brutal bracket. SM, Gonzaga, UCLA, and Kansas...yeesh.

We did get robbed of a 3 seed. The football conferences still influencing everything. Bleh.

Hurley knows the path now.

First hurdle...get out of the darn first round. That would be an improvement.

With this team though, despite getting screwed seedwise, should be Sweet 16 or we gotta start asking questions.
14 was a tough one too. We showed out.

Reaction Score
We smoked the overall #1 seed Alabama , Kansas has 7 losses including by 15 to Iowa state. We play our A game we can beat anybody. I’m pumped.
The problem are momentum swings. Sometimes you can lose the game early.

Reaction Score
If we get to the S16 or further then it becomes BRUTAL. Kansas had an argument for being the #1 overall seed until last night, UCLA could've also been a 1, and Gonzaga is playing great basketball right now.
To be the best you’ve got to beat the best. UConn should fear no team in this tournament.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Iona play a 2-3 matchup zone sometimes? He ran it at Louisville.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
This is UConn's highest seed in the NCAA tournament since 2011. The fact that we get to beat Pitino is just icing on the cake. I think this is a great match-up for us to start our tournament run. High visibility, eminently winnable game.

Reaction Score
If Dan doesn’t lose his mind and get t’d up like a toddler in a big spot, we should be just fine. We have way more talent. They probably have the advantage in coaching shenanigans at restaurants now that KO is gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom