Interesting Opening Day/Week Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Interesting Opening Day/Week Games

Reaction Score
Starting 19-0 and being ranked 2 in the country is starting rough?

If I recall correctly, most panned their non-conference even with credible wins. Injuries to key players like Greene and Sheldon had some wondering how long the run would last.

Conference play, some questionab losses, including their blowout loss to Iowa at the Big 10 finals, had people skeptical as to how well they'd do during the tournament.

Reaction Score
Okay, I saw highlights of USC-Ohio St. Watkins is SMOOTH. She looks like she has that something special that very, very few players possess.
Physically imposing presence, too. I was really impressed. Didn’t know what to expect - Bueckers and Clark set the freshman bar so ridiculously high that I wasn’t sure Watkins would live up to the hype. But she looked as good as advertised.

USC looks to have made some interesting positional changes after robbing the Ivy League blind. Playing Watkins as a 3/4 and moving Marshall to the 5, where she is incredibly gifted defensively.

Ohio State started 19-0 last year. USC could have a special year in a wide-open PAC.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Missisippi Valley St. lit up Utah for 24 first quarter points. They've scored 19 since, and the game is almost over. Getting boat raced by 60. Pili didn't return for the 2nd half, got poked in the eye.

Reaction Score
Okay, I saw highlights of USC-Ohio St. Watkins is SMOOTH. She looks like she has that something special that very, very few players possess.
Watkins looked REAL smooth out there. What a way to make an entrance!! Watkins is going to be a problem, in a good way. Well done, USC and Coach Gottlieb.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't look now, but My Aggies of NCA&T lead UGA 37-36 in the third period. We led 33-25 at the half.
I expect those crooked $EC refs will play a factor from here on out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
An hour into the season and I'm ready to make a declaration. Duke may be better than last year, definitely a top 25 team at least. Shout out to @triaddukefan . They hit their freshman class out of the park. I didn't remember they had Delaney Thomas. I remember hearing about her years ago when she hooped with Azzi Fudd

I picked us #10 in the ACC in the preseason. I made it down to watch the scrimmage in person.... may have to adjust my expectations up a bit. Not ready to call us a Top 25 team, see me at the end of December.

Reaction Score
UCLA starts Betts [6'7"] Dugalic [6'4"] Osborne Rice and Jones against Purdue, whose tallest player is 6'2". I guess Close figures with the twin towers she can play the littles in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
Gladiator GIF

My feeling seeing these games today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The UGA Bulldogs prevail over my Aggies. 71-59.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She is a hot/cold shooter from 3. Today was an off day. I expect more consistency as she matures but she has the touch. She made a logo 3 in the charity event against Rutgers and I believe was 3-6 from downtown up until junk time.

In one of the All-American games, she started with 3 or 4 bombs, then missed the next few, including an airball or two. I don't think outside shooting is her strength, but she has lots of other talents and can work on her shot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Physically imposing presence, too. I was really impressed. Didn’t know what to expect - Bueckers and Clark set the freshman bar so ridiculously high that I wasn’t sure Watkins would live up to the hype. But she looked as good as advertised.

USC looks to have made some interesting positional changes after robbing the Ivy League blind. Playing Watkins as a 3/4 and moving Marshall to the 5, where she is incredibly gifted defensively.

Ohio State started 19-0 last year. USC could have a special year in a wide-open PAC.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that all the Ivy transfers are grad students. They couldn't stay at the Ivy schools and play this year, so USC made a good move to recruit them.

Reaction Score
In one of the All-American games, she started with 3 or 4 bombs, then missed the next few, including an airball or two. I don't think outside shooting is her strength, but she has lots of other talents and can work on her shot.
40+ % in hs, but she takes bad shots sometimes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Some Boneyarders really liked Mikayla Williams, especially in the USA 3 x 3 contest. I really couldn't differentiate between her and JuJu in terms of who is better. Williams hit some nice jumpers in the LSU game, but she's a bigger body than I remember. I hope to watch both of them this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Frida Formann from Denmark is just torching the defending NCAA champions. Those Euros can shoot the three. Remember our French/Mexican Chica named Lou?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Some Boneyarders really liked Mikayla Williams, especially in the USA 3 x 3 contest. I really couldn't differentiate between her and JuJu in terms of who is better. Williams hit some nice jumpers in the LSU game, but she's a bigger body than I remember. I hope to watch both of them this season.
Yeah, Williams looks good too. Much better than the rest of her teammates.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I saw a lot of optimism on Oregon St.'s message board prior to the beginning of the season. They are down double digits to Arkansas Pine Bluff at halftime. That enthusiasm might start dwindling quickly.

Reaction Score
Felt like LSU came in just expecting to win since they’re the defending champions and ranked #1. Colorado said not so fast. They showed up ready to play and took it to LSU from the opening whistle.

If both teams continue to play like they did today, SCar is going to run LSU out of the gym.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I saw a lot of optimism on Oregon St.'s message board prior to the beginning of the season. They are down double digits to Arkansas Pine Bluff at halftime. That enthusiasm might start dwindling quickly.
I didn’t realize Zaay Green was still playing. Was happy to see Maori Davenport is also playing. Looks like OSU has fought back a bit.

Also, kind of interesting that APB’s entire starting lineup are transfers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom