Interesting Games Wednesday Dec. 2nd | The Boneyard

Interesting Games Wednesday Dec. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
#5 Maryland vs $20 Syracuse @ Maryland
Note: Dec 9th Syracuse plays Copping State at home, while UConn plays Colgate same day for Stewie's Home Game. Syracuse lost a Golden Opportunity by refusing to play UConn.

#3 Notre Dame vs #10 Ohio State at South Bend Streamed on ESPN3

#1 Ranked UConn vs #23 Depaul @ Depaul. ESPN3 is not showing this game. Televised on Fox Sports 1

#6 Ranked Texas vs #9 Ranked Miss St @ Texas Longhorn Network.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Note: Dec 9th Syracuse plays Copping State at home, while UConn plays Colgate same day for Stewie's Home Game. Syracuse lost a Golden Opportunity by refusing to play UConn.
Looks like Maryland vs Syracuse is on the BigTen Network. at 7:00 EST.

Reaction Score
The Texas @ Mississippi State should be a really good game. I'll have to check that one out. The Maryland game is on the BTN.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The Texas @ Mississippi State should be a really good game.

Define "really good." Was Texas vs. Tenn. game really good? Whenever two teams of equal athletic skill get together, you get a standoff, and not a very pretty one. (Usually, but not always.)

Reaction Score

#3 Notre Dame vs #10 Ohio State at South Bend Streamed on ESPN3

#1 Ranked UConn vs #23 Depaul @ Depaul. ESPN3 is not showing this game. Televised on Fox Sports 1

#6 Ranked Texas vs #9 Ranked Miss St @ Texas Longhorn Network.

Syracuse is still bitter over Stewie. They could of actually drawn more than 400 fans for a game against UConn. Small minded ADs and Coaches are not promoting the growth of the game. It is frustrating.

I do think UConn should have tried to schedule a game at Washington this year. They could of played in Seattle and it would of filled the arena. WNBA should of pushed for it. All of Seattle would of turned out to see Stewie. A UConn-Washington game in Seattle would of been the game of the season on the west coast. I know late scheduling is tough so I understand, but I can dream.

Reaction Score
I think Texas has nice personnel, and like their potential. My question is whether or not Coach Aston and her staff can find the right combinations of speed and height to make this team tick. I predict they will, and I am predicting them as a FF team this year.

Reaction Score
Define "really good." Was Texas vs. Tenn. game really good? Whenever two teams of equal athletic skill get together, you get a standoff, and not a very pretty one. (Usually, but not always.)
Check out the Team Stats on ESPN site, Miss State top 10 in almost every stat at least as of early season games.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I might have to leave the gym early so that I can get home and make sure I record the Maryland game. Didn't realize it was on BTN.

Reaction Score
Not sure what to make of Miss State. According to Sagarin, their SOS is 349 of 349. Massey has their SOS at 334.
As more "mixing" occurs in both ratings systems, I expect Miss State's rating to drop pretty quickly. ("Complete mixing" occurs somewhere around 15 games).

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Schedules are made before the WNBA Draft Lottery. If Gonzaga, Washington or Washington State wants a game all they have to do is pick up the Phone. :)

Syracuse is still bitter over Stewie. They could of actually drawn more than 400 fans for a game against UConn. Small minded ADs and Coaches are not promoting the growth of the game. It is frustrating.

I do think UConn should have tried to schedule a game at Washington this year. They could of played in Seattle and it would of filled the arena. WNBA should of pushed for it. All of Seattle would of turned out to see Stewie. A UConn-Washington game in Seattle would of been the game of the season on the west coast. I know late scheduling is tough so I understand, but I can dream.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Not sure what to make of Miss State. According to Sagarin, their SOS is 349 of 349. Massey has their SOS at 334.
As more "mixing" occurs in both ratings systems, I expect Miss State's rating to drop pretty quickly. ("Complete mixing" occurs somewhere around 15 games).
Yeah I'm not sold on them. They really have had 0 games of note last year and 0 games of note this year. The are the recipient of the "you get a phantom ranking because you play in the SEC" award. It's a real thing.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
By 15 games Miss St has started SEC play and their Overall SOS will improve. The Committee has to start penalizing schools Seedings because of weak OOC Schedules before some schools will do the right thing.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Easy to be in the Top 10 in Stats with the OOC Schedule they play.

Miss State wants to join the Elite WBB Club and their OOC Schedule remains like it was when they were an also Ran Program. Vic Schaefer, their coach took lessons from Any Landers of Georgia. Don't have to have a good OOC Schedule and/or beat the Elite SEC teams to make the Tournament. Just get your 20+ wins and maybe win one or two tournament games and you'll keep your job.

Check out the Team Stats on ESPN site, Miss State top 10 in almost every stat at least as of early season games.

Reaction Score
The Committee has to start penalizing schools Seedings because of weak OOC Schedules before some schools will do the right thing.

The committee should quit playing "I feel".
My opinion is the committe should NOT get to pick which teams are selected, only how they are seeded. Selection SHOULD be based only on a composite of Massey and Sagarin.

Reaction Score
OSU at ND will be a interesting game. OSU may upset ND which lose 2 premier players.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
OSU at ND will be a interesting game. OSU may upset ND which lose 2 premier players.

I think you're right. You can't lose two post players and maintain your team's potency. ND will be hard pressed to replace the production on both ends of the court of Reimer and Turner.

Reaction Score
My opinion is the committe should NOT get to pick which teams are selected, only how they are seeded. Selection SHOULD be based only on a composite of Massey and Sagarin.

I can't agree with this. Late season injuries may trump early season performance. (See New England Patriots)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Gotta agree with you. Without Turner and Reimer, ND has a serious problem.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

You simply cannot do that. There are too many variables that require knowledge of current factors that will influence the selections.

Reaction Score
You simply cannot do that. There are too many variables that require knowledge of current factors that will influence the selections.
:p:D:rolleyes:

Bribe.jpg

Reaction Score
Westbeld will have to play out of her mind. The injuries will force other players to step up. Will make them stronger in the end.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think Texas has nice personnel, and like their potential. My question is whether or not Coach Aston and her staff can find the right combinations of speed and height to make this team tick. I predict they will, and I am predicting them as a FF team this year.
Magic- I think you are spot on!!!! Ariel Atkins did not play in that Tenn game. Plus another key player was out I guess. I because think their size and speed and height that they could be one of the few teams that is built to possibly be competitive with us in March. I fully expect them to be in Four as well and I hope they are.
And the officiating or lack there of, in the last 4 minutes vs Tenn allowed Tenn to keep that game relatively close. That would have been a 20 pt gm if they actually called fouls on Tenn in the last 4 minutes. Tenn looked like the Georgetown men in the 80's! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom