OT: - Interesting Facts (history, geography, science, etc.) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Interesting Facts (history, geography, science, etc.)

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Sharks have been on earth longer than trees.
As this is the Boneyard, and as we are, collectively, a great.big pile of pissants; please allow me to speak for the group:

Sharks are in the water. Trees are upon the earth.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Are we ignoring the rest of the planet's fertility rates now? It doesn't take a genius to notice western countries have low fertility rates. It takes less of a genius to bother to look at third-world countries on Wikipedia too. Starting mass breeding programs is potentially the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. And I am a public school teacher--I hear stupid ideas every single day. There are 100+ countries with replacement level fertility on this planet man. Including India, with what, close to 20% of the world's population already?

Musk fanboys are repulsive all over every corner of the internet. The JJ Starling stanning is a more enjoyable schtick for you. He's a hell of a player
They have a vocabulary of like 500 words in some of these countries. Integrating them into highly developed society’s is setting them and us up for failure. They’re still in Hunter gatherer mode. It won’t work.

Reaction Score
They have a vocabulary of like 500 words in some of these countries. Integrating them into highly developed society’s is setting them and us up for failure. They’re still in Hunter gatherer mode. It won’t work.

Yes, India is in hunter-gatherer mode. Got it.

This is not only stupid but racist. I can't believe you actually typed that.

You do realize that saying "people from x country cannot be civilized" is racist right? I mean, you're entitled to be racist; it's a free country after all. I just hope you realize it.

There are so few people in this world who still rely on hunter-gatherer life. This cannot be serious man. This is exactly the kind of faux-enlightened crap I'd expect Musk to spew. This isn't clever like you think it is. It's factually false.

Also 500 word languages? Are you thinking of pidgin languages? Because no one speaks those as a first language. This is also a stupid point, because it probably applies to no one on this planet, and even if it does, it is such a small portion of people to be irrelevant. Good effort though.

Being an overly enthusiastic fanboy works a lot better for you than racist nincompoop. Stick with the former if you can.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paul McCartney neither reads nor writes music.

(By the way McCartney 321 on Hulu is a great series.)

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When we visited New Zealand, the two cites where we had the most fun were Hamilton and Napier.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This is an extraordinarily poor post.

Setting aside a lot of things inherent in that post, which we should all probably circle back to, those few hunter gatherers that are left (and that certainly aren’t itching to move to Atlanta) have in many cases extraordinarily complex language and a wealth of knowledge about the natural world we’d be wise to learn from.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom