Indiana MSG roll call | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Indiana MSG roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nice stand. Was that the Syracuse game by any chance? I don't remember many UConn games there but I remember that game.
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I don't remember, but I feel like it might've been Boston College. I can always ask the girl that I was with. We've been married 34 years.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I remember going to a Connecticut game at the New Haven Coliseum with a girl I just started dating. As we're walking in she said to me "Just to make it fun I'll root for the other team since I know you're rooting for Connecticut." I looked at her and said "No, you won't, at least, not if you're planning on getting a ride home with me." Sometimes, you just have to take a stand early.
I brought my wife to the Witchita State game at XL during the KO era. She bet the Shockers and cheered for them all game. Forget coming to a game, she hasn't been INVITED since. Still married, still love her, but that's a line you don't cross with me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I don't remember, but I feel like it might've been Boston College. I can always ask the girl that I was with. We've been married 34 years.
We did play BC in NH when the Civic Center was being repaired. There were a couple other games played there but the BC game is the only one I attended

Reaction Score
We did play BC in NH when the Civic Center was being repaired. There were a couple other games played there but the BC game is the only one I attended

The night of the snow storm in New Haven against the John Bagley BC team, where we won easily in front of no more than 1500 people (the tickets were sold but the weather kept folks away)? I was there that night.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
UConn lost to Fairfield at the Coliseum in December, 1982. I was there, thank god for the $2 beers (maybe they were $1.50)

Reaction Score
I forgot about all those games in New Haven. I remember the 78-59 victory against Syracuse in 1981. I had to look up the details but Hobbs had a good game. Syracuse had the super sophs Rautins, Santifer and Tony Bruin who could sky. Marty Headd played as well and then broke his leg sometime during the season. That was a big win for UConn so many years ago.

Reaction Score
UConn lost to Fairfield at the Coliseum in December, 1982. I was there, thank god for the $2 beers (maybe they were $1.50)
I was there as well. That was depressing. Of course, the entire Earl Kelly era was depressing.

Reaction Score
Looks like all of the Castle injury threads are closed for replies...but he's out for MSG games this weekend and a few weeks after that.

Reaction Score
Looks like all of the Castle injury threads are closed for replies...but he's out for MSG games this weekend and a few weeks after that.
Damn, that's not good.

Reaction Score
Is there a reported source for this?

Reaction Score
Damn where you hearing that?

CL82

Reaction Score
edited for correctness ;)
Oh there were some highlights. The first three years in the Big East we were competitive, maybe a game above 500, in what was a very tough conference. We were also ranked in the top 20 in either the 81–82 season, or the 80–81 season.

Reaction Score
Oh there were some highlights. The first three years in the Big East we were competitive, maybe a game above 500, in what was a very tough conference. We were also ranked in the top 20 in either the 81–82 season, or the 80–81 season.

Perno was neither a great game coach nor a master at taking his talent and figuring out how the team should play to get the most of it but credit where credit was due -- he was able to bring in his share of good players.

Reaction Score
I'll be there +1!

Honestly, I wish Louisville wasn't the 4th team. Not even certain I'll stick around for the entirety of the second game.

CL82

Reaction Score
Perno was neither a great game coach nor a master at taking his talent and figuring out how the team should play to get the most of it but credit where credit was due -- he was able to bring in his share of good players.
McKay, Thompson, and Aleksinas was a very good front court. You have to wonder what they would've done with better coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom