Incredible UConn basketball stats! Congrats to the UConn men! | The Boneyard

Incredible UConn basketball stats! Congrats to the UConn men!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Fabulous two year run for the men - 12 straight double digit wins in the tournament! They are creating stats rivaling the Uconn women which in MCBB is unheard of.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
My very...VERY...bad. The giddiness of the men's game fogged
my brain. 17-1? Heck...I'll still say 'never ever' regarding some school matching that.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
AB922E08-BA61-4805-AC0E-E53161B81943.jpeg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Awesome game. But, like Alabama before them, Purdue was playing their brains out with Edey making dunks and flexing, while UConn couldn’t hit a three and got blocked at the rim.

And yet….Purdue was down 6 at the half. Then Coach Hurley told his team to tighten up the defense and run. Edey lumbered up and down the court and got his points but UConn has too many weapons and a stifling defense held Purdue to one three pointer

Game over :)

Reaction Score
I was up way too late last night, but it was worth it! Congratulations to the men.
They executed Hurley's game plan to perfection. I knew they were going to let Edey get his points. You can't stop him.
But they took away the 3 point shot from Purdue and that made all they difference.

I'm really happy for Cam Spencer. This was his last year of eligibility and winning an NC is a great way to go out.

Reaction Score
Fantastic achievement for the men. It was also a fine season for the women but it sure would have been nice to see them at full strength. If that had been the case we might be celebrating UConn’s 3rd dual championship this morning

Reaction Score
This year's team ran one of the most complicated and elegant offenses ever seen in the modern era of men's college basketball. And they're aggressive defenders, to boot. The other teams didn't stand a chance once they hit tournament time.

Other teams - male and female - could have lots to learn from these guys. The rub, though, is that you really need the right people on your roster to learn it, and the right coaching to teach it.

Reaction Score
It took Hurley 5 minutes to figure out Clingan couldn't handle Edey one on one and double teaming him was no better. After that they worked to keep Perdue from getting 3s and dared Edey to beat them by himself. UConn by 15.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Luke Murray is the architect of the UConn offense. He has been studying ad developing this since his college days.There is a lot of the European style of play in the men's offense. Very difficult to defend as we all have seen.

He and Kamani are the perfect pair. And neither is going anywhere.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It took Hurley 5 minutes to figure out Clingan couldn't handle Edey one on one and double teaming him was no better. After that they worked to keep Perdue from getting 3s and dared Edey to beat them by himself. UConn by 15.
I think the plan was always to have Clingan guard one on one and then have Sampson Johnson do the same until they both were in foul trouble. If you rely on the double to stop Edey, you still are probably not going to stop him and you're gonna leave their three-point shooters open. Think of it this way, Edey got nearly 20 baskets, and it wasn't enough

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This UConn men's team was a masterpiece. The combination of finesse and execution of team-first offense and sheer grit on defense was just off the charts.

The way they've run roughshod over the NCAA Tournament two years in a row, with all wins by double digits, is eerily reminiscent of UConn WBB's best years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Isn't it interesting that in both Women's and Men's basketball, the NPOY was a generational, two-time winner and neither one of them brought home a championship?
Seems like there are just too many "generationals" going around these days! Every year it's another "generational" player. It loses it meaning after a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom