OT: - Important Question for Triad | The Boneyard

OT: Important Question for Triad

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, I'm seeing the following on the internet: September 15 is National Cheeseburger Day and September 18 is National Double Cheeseburger Day. Does that sound correct, my friend? Is this a great country or what? :D

1663425650021.png

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geez, couldn't you have told me a few days ago? My daughter LIVES for cheeseburgers, and I missed her day. I will grill her two tomorrow, though. I can't play catchup tonight, as we're having pescetarians over. We'll have to suffer through Thai shrimp in cocoanut milk, with fresh chiles a Thai friend grew in his garden.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'can't play catchup tonight,'
ok, that's good, real good. subtle, informative, funny.

'pescetarians' pescatarians? whatever. i ain't got no right to judge any other human on earth and their spelling.

pro tip: roast the fish head first before adding it to the pot.

i guess folks really did sniff a lot of glue back in those new wave days.

i thought that triaduke was the mayo guy. if he's also considered the burgerdude, well, i challenge him to a chowdown. i only got membership in the micky d's hall of fame, what's he got?
bring it!

Reaction Score
'can't play catchup tonight,'
ok, that's good, real good. subtle, informative, funny.

'pescetarians' pescatarians? whatever. i ain't got no right to judge any other human on earth and their spelling.

pro tip: roast the fish head first before adding it to the pot.

i guess folks really did sniff a lot of glue back in those new wave days.

i thought that triaduke was the mayo guy. if he's also considered the burgerdude, well, i challenge him to a chowdown. i only got membership in the micky d's hall of fame, what's he got?
bring it!

There is nothing on God’s blue/green Earth that TRIAD doesn’t like. :D;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Everyday is cheeseburger day.

Wendy's. Carl's Jr, What-A-Burger, Long Horns......Its a long list

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Too bad the day fell on a Sunday...... Sunday isn't a traditional day for burgers....... but.. if I do partake... it has to be a burger with mustard chili, white slaw, and onions. Oops.... just realized I have a doctor's checkup on Wednesday Morning..... any burgers will have to be postponed until Wednesday Afternoon. :oops:

He's the food dude. Don't get him started on donuts.

1) My love for donuts has been largely exaggerated..... I have cut back on them.. I haven't been to Krispy Kreme since December.... Donut World in a few months... and Daily Donuts since Jan of 2020 :eek: (those cheap donuts from Walmart don't count) :rolleyes:

2) There is a side benefit of my love for Donuts.. .. The owner of Donut World drives a Lexus thanks to me :D:D:D:D:D:D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Too bad the day fell on a Sunday...... Sunday isn't a traditional day for burgers....... but.. if I do partake... it has to be a burger with mustard chili, white slaw, and onions. Oops.... just realized I have a doctor's checkup on Wednesday Morning..... any burgers will have to be postponed until Wednesday Afternoon. :oops:

1) My love for donuts has been largely exaggerated..... I have cut back on them.. I haven't been to Krispy Kreme since December.... Donut World in a few months... and Daily Donuts since Jan of 2020 :eek: (those cheap donuts from Walmart don't count) :rolleyes:

2) There is a side benefit of my love for Donuts.. .. The owner of Donut World drives a Lexus thanks to me :D:D:D:D:D:D
Now is that the upcoming December or the last one? :rolleyes:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Not a huge fan of green vegetables... unless of course they are on top of a burger, pizza, sub ;)
My wife’s stepfather says, if it doesn’t have legs or fins, he won’t eat it. His exceptions are tomato sauce and beans in chili. I introduced him to the latter.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Who actually proclaims these “National days”
apparently, mr/mrs/ms/sir/madam/heyyou triaduke does.
ok, dude has too much juice.
i ain't no fool, so i withdraw my challenge!

update: we decided on a road trip instead.

i still don't get 'sliders.' seems lame, but i don't live near white castle.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
bring it!

Going forward, the only burger I will eat at McDonalds the Big Mac, with extra mac sauce. Though I am tempted to try a double quarter pounder, no ketchup, no mustard, add big mac sauce, and shredded lettuce.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Associated Press Sept. 19.
Authoritative reports have emerged from several sources that today has been officially designated as National Percebes Day. While many Americans and Canadians are not yet familiar with this internationally acclaimed culinary delight, those who have sampled them have mixed feelings about the public designation, with some enthused at the acknowledgement while others are fearful that the associated publicity will lead to increased demand—and higher prices—for the elusive delicacy.

What are percebes (per-thay-base)? The most common English name is gooseneck barnacles, and they are found in only a few places on Earth, or, to be precise, under ocean waves. They are a much sought-after edible along the Bay of Biscay in Northern Spain, and on the norhern coast of Portugal and Galicia. The flavor is said to be a bit like lobster, though fresher and cleaner.

50600B23-0793-4EE5-855B-7C319EF1959A.jpeg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Associated Press Sept. 19.
Authoritative reports have emerged from several sources that today has been officially designated as National Percebes Day. While many Americans and Canadians are not yet familiar with this internationally acclaimed culinary delight, those who have sampled them have mixed feelings about the public designation, with some enthused at the acknowledgement while others are fearful that the associated publicity will lead to increased demand—and higher prices—for the elusive delicacy.

What are percebes (per-thay-base)? The most common English name is gooseneck barnacles, and they are found in only a few places on Earth, or, to be precise, under ocean waves. They are a much sought-after edible along the Bay of Biscay in Northern Spain, and on the norhern coast of Portugal and Galicia. The flavor is said to be a bit like lobster, though fresher and cleaner.

View attachment 79142
Not the most comely of delicacies. However I'm sure they'd taste wonderful if I'm blindfolded. If not I'd have to put a cross between me and my dinner. Or dowse myself in holy water.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom