I'm just sad tonight - so hard to watch | The Boneyard

I'm just sad tonight - so hard to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I cannot imagine how bad the players feel after two games like the last two.

But watching these last two games with my 8 year old twin sons has just been crushing.

Uconn is THE ONLY team in our house, no pro sports (since the loss of the Whale) and no other college team. Every player on the team is a hero to my sons. Shaking Shabazz's hand last year might be the highlight of their young lives. I see them just dying after the game with tears and anger and frustration, they were so excited tonight when Uconn finally had a lead, just so happy that "we" were going to win this one. Ugh. I always took Uconn losses hard, still struggle with that Florida game and Donyell's free throws, and George Mason. but man watching my kids just be devastated after, makes these losses hurt somewhere new.

It is amazing the emotion that sport can bring forth, I reminded my boys of the glory of last year, the pure joy of MSG and winning the 2nd national championship in their short life. They just looked at me with tears and said "dad, I remember last year, but just can't see them lose like that again - Ryan must be so sad". And it makes me wonder if losing effects the players, I truly thought with this Uconn team it would , that they all have ten toes in, but man some of those press conference quotes from Coach Ollie just make this loss sting even more, I hope these kids on the court care because I know my kids do.

I want this edition of the Husky family to rebound, to find their legs and just win, it will make the season even sweeter if they can look these losses in the eye, put them in the rear view, and turn things around - sort of like the bad dream in Texas last season. But even if Uconn continues to lose my sons and I will be right there with them watching ever game and while there may be more tears to come, we won't give up on our team I and hope they don't give up on themselves.

Reaction Score
brasb: You are taking this too seriously.

Keep in mind, you are just watching a bunch of dudes in short pants run around with their heads in the sand and they are not near the height of big bird.

UCONN is the big picture. The current reigning top bluest bloody blue blood. Enjoy it.

If you let your life be controlled by this current group of simply roster fillers with a few exceptions, you are wasting precious days and training your twins to be total vicarious achievers and not self achievers. Please be careful with the example you set for them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Little kids can be funny - they take losses worse than, well, everyone here except that husky dad guy.

My little nephew is a Washington Redskins fan.

When they lost last weekend, he not only threw his Redskins jersey and blanket off our deck, but he threw his RGIII Baylor jersey off for good measure.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Little kids can be funny - they take losses worse than, well, everyone here except that husky dad guy. My little nephew is a Washington Redskins fan. When they lost last weekend, he not only threw his Redskins jersey and blanket off our deck, but he threw his RGIII Baylor jersey off for good measure.

Kid better get used to it. Jesus. At least you didn't put that Vikings stink on the kid.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
maybe Omar Calhoun can come watch the games with you and your twins.
prolly enjoy it more from your couch than watching from the Bench.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Sports are Great when your team wins.
Frustrating and Painful when they lose.

at least you get to share those ups n downs with your twins though.
and hopefully will be more good than bad memories of their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom