If you make a little stretch for Kansas, it’s an all blue blood Final Four. | The Boneyard

If you make a little stretch for Kansas, it’s an all blue blood Final Four.

Reaction Score
The 4 blue bloods are Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and UNC.
Villanova, UConn, MSU and Arizona are in my tier 2 blue bloods.
and the historical honorable mentions are UCLA and Indiana.

Reaction Score
With that said, Arizona is hanging by a thread with Gonzaga waiting in the wings

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It might actually pay off to root for Kansas the rest of the way. Their title may be vacated.

Feel free to cold take me here... but I can almost guarantee that when the Duke/Kansas championship game happens, there's NO WAY the NCAA will let Kansas beat Duke.

You thought Duke got favorable calls throughout the year? Just wait until this final. The NCAA doesn't want to have the title vacated, and they want Coach K to have the fairytale ending. Book it.

Reaction Score
Arizona, MSU? Do titles matter?

Here are your first tier blue bloods of the modern era, 1980 to present, not updated for this years Final Fours, adding to the counts.

1648481747805.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What makes Duke a blue blood? Slightly older recent success? Nova is definitely not a blue blood, but our Wildcat friend knows that.

The phrase “blueblood” is the Roshack test of college basketball. It means whatever people want it to mean. Old time programs that were good half century ago? Most NCAA championships? Most consistent winning percentage? No one really knows.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Arizona, MSU? Do titles matter?

Here are your first tier blue bloods of the modern era, 1980 to present, not updated for this years Final Fours, adding to the counts.

View attachment 74940
I think you’ve made a mistake. According to the NCAA record books Louisville did not win a championship in 2013.

Reaction Score
What makes Duke a blue blood? Slightly older recent success? Nova is definitely not a blue blood, but our Wildcat friend knows that.

The phrase “blueblood” is the Roshack test of college basketball. It means whatever people want it to mean. Old time programs that were good half century ago? Most NCAA championships? Most consistent winning percentage? No one really knows.
That’s why it’s an interesting discussion topic.

UConn is a blue blood in my book simply for winning 4 titles in 5 tries in the modern era. Duke is almost universally considered a blue blood, but also only had title success in the modern era, all under K.

Arizona only has 1 title! Not in the same tier as UConn (or Nova).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom