If this team had Bouknight | The Boneyard

If this team had Bouknight

Reaction Score
If there was a world where we had James on the roster this year, how good would we be. His ability to break down a defender and get shots was so elite as a sophomore. He would be an All-American this year and we would be a top 10 team.

Please don’t turn this into an argument about James’s decision to get paid millions of dollars as a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
We would get lots more easy baskets and the fast break would certainly be fun with Bouk and AJ playing together.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Deer Popcorn GIF

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yes, be careful how you discuss this. Suffice to say he would be the go to guy we could use and force teams to defend us very differently. it would help, everyone including Hawkins who would have far less pressure right now. We are a good team without him, likely a real noisemaker with him. But that’s modern big time sports.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
im not so sure that we would be a more successful team this year with james. his game here led to the sometime tendency for the rest to stand around and watch, and rhythm was highly dependent on whether he was hot or cold. now, we have 5 known starters, and 4 known backups, with all sort of knowing what they're supposed to do. a team.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Heading into conference play, we would be a top 5 team in the country, having beaten Michigan State and maybe Baylor

Reaction Score
ironic you picked two championship winning upperclassman ;)
I was talking about current aged Kemba and Shabazz, because there was as good a chance of those guys playing this year as Bouknight

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.
Wait, your uncle has a woman’s reproductive track and balls?

Reaction Score
Maybe they'd be better but maybe someone else, or even multiple someones would not have stepped up like they have so far and/or be (too) dependent on Bouk and his playmaking.

Reaction Score
I always dreamed that Boatright would come with Bouknight and the announcers would get it all wrong every night.
Like they would say:

Ryan Bouknight, or James Boatright, or James Boatnight or Ryan Boukright.

Any other ones?

Reaction Score
I always dreamed that Boatright would come with Bouknight and the announcers would get it all wrong every night.
i know I’ve said Boatknight from time to time

Reaction Score
The biggest crunch time problem for UConn is who can create their own shot? Right now, it is Cole with the hope Hawkins can develop into another one. This UConn team is very athletic and long, but it does lack an alpha scorer. Put Bouknight, Ray Allen, Ben Gordon, Kemba, Rip,... on this team and they are a top 5 team right now with maybe only 1 loss.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Unpopular opinion: Bouknight was talented as heck but not good for team chemistry.

We have the same team as last year and this years version without him is better (and plays with way more chemistry) than last years version with him.

Reaction Score
It should be a discussion of him staying because the millions would certainly still be there but probably more so, and he might not be as likely to have not played the last 4 games and have a season average of 8 minutes and 3 points a game. Whatever the NBA “development” he’s currently undergoing , he’d be better off in college this year. He can’t be happy with this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom