Ice Brady has arrived to Storrs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ice Brady has arrived to Storrs

Reaction Score
Well, Paige's high school coach called her Olive Oyl so I've got to think that she is doing pretty well. ;)

Reaction Score
What players are staying on campus this summer to work out informally ??

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Hail hail the gang is all here. Now they can really begin bonding as a complete group. Can’t do that unless everyone is present. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What players are staying on campus this summer to work out informally ??
I believe Paige and Amari. Nika told Paige that she would be sipping Martinis on the Adriatic. And Azzi said she would be at the lake in Minnesota. Maybe Paige can take a weekend off.

Reaction Score
Well, Paige's high school coach called her Olive Oyl so I've got to think that she is doing pretty well. ;)

Maybe she should eat a little spinach as well.

Here's an old ESPN article written when Bueckers was a HS freshman, including a picture and an Olive Oyl reference.

"I call her Olive Oyl," said Cosgriff, referring to the tall and thin cartoon character. "She's always flexing her muscles and kissing her biceps. She thinks she's Arnold [Schwarzenegger].

Things haven't changed. :)

Reaction Score
I believe Paige and Amari. Nika told Paige that she would be sipping Martinis on the Adriatic. And Azzi said she would be at the lake in Minnesota. Maybe Paige can take a weekend off.
I hope Amari just hangs with Paige in the gym as much as she can. She might not learn post moves from Paige, but she will learn what being a total competitor looks like.

Reaction Score
Here's an old ESPN article written when Bueckers was a HS freshman, including a picture and an Olive Oyl reference.

Things haven't changed. :)
Three things I learned from the article.

"And varsity coach Brian Cosgriff said he has seen her throw a football 50 yards." [As a freshman in high school.]

"One of the first things scouts notice about Bueckers is her handle. She learned to control the ball so brilliantly in part because she didn't have a basket at her house.

Instead, she spent countless hours dribbling a ball in her garage."

"As for her career beyond playing, Bueckers said she could see herself working for the FBI."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
too easy.

i'll see my way out...

LOL. You're right Cliff. This was low hanging fruit. Whether we like it not, it's a good bet that we will see several references in comments by BY posters using "Ice Ice baby" during the course if the coming season. Because it is too easy and it's a known and (at one time) a popular phrase.

I'm looking for Brady to give posters lots of reasons this season to use that reference. I can see it now after Brady has her "come out" game. Some over exuberant poster is going to go there. :) If Brady ever wants to make an entrance to music like the MMA wrestlers do (the undertaker, etc) before a match, this is it.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Three things I learned from the article.

"And varsity coach Brian Cosgriff said he has seen her throw a football 50 yards." [As a freshman in high school.]

"One of the first things scouts notice about Bueckers is her handle. She learned to control the ball so brilliantly in part because she didn't have a basket at her house.

Instead, she spent countless hours dribbling a ball in her garage."

"As for her career beyond playing, Bueckers said she could see herself working for the FBI."
I think every one of us could pick out different things that jumped out at us. For me:

"She had a candy bar in her left hand and was dribbling through her legs with her right," (AAU coach Bill) Larson said. "It's a four-court facility, and she didn't miss a stride walking from one end to the other. It was impressive."

"You can't deny the fact that she's the best player in Minnesota," Larson said. (her freshman year)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
LOL. You're right Cliff. This was low hanging fruit. Whether we like it not, it's a good bet that we will see several references in comments by BY posters using "Ice Ice baby" during the course if the coming season. Because it is too easy and it's a known and (at one time) a popular phrase.

I'm looking for Brady to give posters lots of reasons this season to use that reference. I can see it now after Brady has her "come out" game. Some over exuberant poster is going to go there. :) If Brady ever wants to make an entrance to music like the MMA wrestlers do (the undertaker, etc) before a match, this is it.
ok, now u've inspired me to consider changing my motto here to
'killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom, since 2018.'
lol. ice, ice, brady, too cold, too cold....
Courant headline?
'Ice Brady cooks the comp like a pound of bacon!'
ahh, the classics mon. dey never die.

ok, now im really leaving. the torches are close enough to make me start to sweat...

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I hope Amari just hangs with Paige in the gym as much as she can. She might not learn post moves from Paige, but she will learn what being a total competitor looks like.
How abt they both hang with Yanna!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom