I would like to thank Dan Hurley | The Boneyard

I would like to thank Dan Hurley

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Despite the current woes, I want to thank DH for rekindling my love of college hoops. While I pretty much always watched UConn games throughout the down years, the knowledge that we weren't going anywhere took away my motivation to watching what other top teams were doing. Why rub it in.

With this year's start and talk (until a few days ago) of a top seed, I've been watching a ton of games with actual interest in the outcomes. It's been fun, and I'm realizing how much I missed it.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Despite the current woes, I want to thank DH for rekindling my love of college hoops. While I pretty much always watched UConn games throughout the down years, the knowledge that we weren't going anywhere took away my motivation to watching what other top teams were doing. Why rub it in.

With this year's start and talk (until a few days ago) of a top seed, I've been watching a ton of games with actual interest in the outcomes. It's been fun, and I'm realizing how much I missed it.

Awwww.

Reaction Score
The thrill of the ride the first dozen or so games this season was awesome. Enjoyed that run immensely. Recruiting has been great. Former players like Smitty, Ray and Emeka coming back...lots of good stuff happening.

Frustrated as hell right now, but also genuinely appreciative of what Hurley has done.

Reaction Score
Very Touching

1673916670500.jpeg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
How could you not love a face like that! How many times did he have that look on his face when Bobby beat him one on one in the driveway. The younger brother always has the tougher road when competing with his sibling. I think that’s what makes him a better coach than his brother. But @storrsroars I agree there should be more thanks than punches. We were on the national radar for a few weeks. I think he can still get us to 12 or 13 conference wins and maybe a be semi and two tourney wins. If I was offered that deal at the start of the season I would have said yes like a snap call in poker. They did have us dreaming for a few weeks though. Been a fan for 45 years and was starting to wonder if we would ever sniff top five again. Thank you Dan Hurley for getting us there. Now we can play with house money.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

OMG
You got your likes
It took DH to rewatch a sport that was/is exciting even if UConn isn't doing well
Guess I'm wasting my time watching Delawre/Norteastern, Western Kentucky/FAU and Cuse/Miami right now
To each their own

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
OMG
You got your likes
It took DH to rewatch a sport that was/is exciting even if UConn isn't doing well
Guess I'm wasting my time watching Delawre/Norteastern, Western Kentucky/FAU and Cuse/Miami right now
To each their own
Yes, to each their own. It's a good policy in many areas of life.

You typed those those words, but I get the sense your heart wasn't in it :p

Btw, I have WK/FAU on right now. But you're definitely wasting your time watching Cuse, lol.

Reaction Score
here here. i was numb for so long that i forgot what pain felt like.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Agreed. As much as I’m steaming right now, this season has been so much fun. And the rest of the way will be fun too. Let’s not lose perspective of where we were.

Reaction Score
The past few weeks have sucked. January always seems to be our worst month, no matter how good or bad our team is.

But at the end of the day, the goal is to win in March. We still have 2 months to fix whatever the hell is going on. We all saw this team dominate Alabama, Iowa State, Oregon, Florida, etc. We are capable of getting back to that. I think we will figure it out soon. Samson coming back will help on defense. I trust this staff and the players. Guys like Newton, Alleyne, and Joey are too good of players/shooters over their careers to be playing this poorly over the past month. Whether it's a confidence thing or an extended slump, idk.

Reaction Score
As a casual fan, several things look different than early this season and some make me wonder if DH listens to his staff regarding game plans, lineups or adjustments during games.

And, maybe I've missed it, but while Geno has Chris to pull him away from the refs before he says the magic word(s), and JC had Blaney, I don't recall seeing KY pull DH away from the refs. Blaney also had such a close relationship with JC that he seemed comfortable giving advice when things weren't working. Does DH listen to his staff during games or is he so confident in what he's doing that he believes he doesn't need other opinions?

Or is the current staff just not as smart as all of us?:rolleyes:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Excellent post. He deserves that credit and I’m a bastard to him. But he does. And I’ve done the same when we are good I live and breathe college hoops which is always my favorite sport, that ride until new years was special. I haven’t given up. I never do.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have survived, maybe more than that really, with my "other team" succeeding. But I desperately want that to be UConn. I was so excited earlier this year, and now I'm about as pessimistic as I can recall. This collapse is so strange that it has started to destroy my hope. I will credit Dan with rekindling the hope that the Ollie era mostly took away, but these games are more painful than watching teams I knew weren't good enough try and come up short.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
+1.

It’s a bad stretch. The guy knows what he’s doing. He deserves our patience.

Reaction Score
Hurley did a fine job but there are 50 coaches that could have done what he has done so far. The huge question remain about his ability to get us to the next level. I think it unlikely. I think his limitations are becoming more obvious as the season wears on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom