I think the second time we play anyone the advantage shifts to Mora. | The Boneyard

I think the second time we play anyone the advantage shifts to Mora.

Reaction Score
Of course, it's just a theory at this point. But this is the first time since we upgraded that we have a real advantage on the sideline. Mora will have the edge in experience and knowledge versus every coach he faces. This should affect every area of the team from game planning to in game decisions. Every decision won't be right, but they will be made based on sound football judgements.

They will be games when our opponents have a clear advantage in talent and depth. But long gone are the days when our coach doesn't know what down it is. The end of the month will get here soon. This should be fun.

Reaction Score
Let us pray...............
Having said that, you make an interesting point and let's hope you're right. Might help us get in the NEXT round of CR.

Reaction Score
I think you are right Pal. When you listen to him, he is like no other football coach we have ever had. I believe everything he says, even if it is coach talk. As a player, you have to have that confidence in your coach that he knows what the heck he is doing. Our players will be able to be much more relaxed knowing they have a coach that knows what he is doing and believes in them and wants them to feel good about themselves and be relaxed.
It feels really good as a fan to see this coaching staff in action. Can't wait for the season to start!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If what we are hearing is true and the QB's and WR's are much improved, people will need to go to the Maine tapes to scout our offense. It was that limited last year and while it will have some of the same tendencies, the variations will be totally different. Advantage UConn

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I think you are right Pal. When you listen to him, he is like no other football coach we have ever had. I believe everything he says, even if it is coach talk. As a player, you have to have that confidence in your coach that he knows what the heck he is doing. Our players will be able to be much more relaxed knowing they have a coach that knows what he is doing and believes in them and wants them to feel good about themselves and be relaxed.
It feels really good as a fan to see this coaching staff in action. Can't wait for the season to start!

Attachments

• 58F82C84-8F2C-4C9D-9A69-D650FFE65A62.jpeg
    58F82C84-8F2C-4C9D-9A69-D650FFE65A62.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 87
Reaction Score
Of course, it's just a theory at this point. But this is the first time since we upgraded that we have a real advantage on the sideline. Mora will have the edge in experience and knowledge versus every coach he faces. This should affect every area of the team from game planning to in game decisions. Every decision won't be right, but they will be made based on sound football judgements.

They will be games when our opponents have a clear advantage in talent and depth. But long gone are the days when our coach doesn't know what down it is. The end of the month will get here soon. This should be fun.
9-2

Reaction Score
I have a good feeling about opening night at the Rent. I predict a good turnout in the stands and a humbling experience for NC State

Reaction Score
Agree on Mora but not sold on Charlton yet…cautiously optimistic, know we upgraded physically and more experience. Really hoping we can throw the ball. Wish we had a clear QB1 but it’s early yet.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Agree on Mora but not sold on Charlton yet…cautiously optimistic, know we upgraded physically and more experience. Really hoping we can throw the ball. Wish we had a clear QB1 but it’s early yet.
I am cautiously optimistic as well. I really wasn’t impressed by the offense last yr but I think that had a lot to do with being hamstrung by injuries.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Charlton bashers remind me a bit of the Hurley bashers. Couple years ago when Hurley's offense produced clean looks that weren't converted; they said he couldn't coach offense. Look what happened when he got guys that could finish. Last year in FB, there were open guys all the time that weren't converted. I'm thinking we'll see similar improvement this year.

Reaction Score
The Charlton bashers remind me a bit of the Hurley bashers. Couple years ago when Hurley's offense produced clean looks that weren't converted; they said he couldn't coach offense. Look what happened when he got guys that could finish. Last year in FB, there were open guys all the time that weren't converted. I'm thinking we'll see similar improvement this year.
Basher? Hardly. Just not convinced yet. Of course any Offensive Coordinator will be much better with talent upgrades. The question for me is whether Charlton is getting the most from what he has to work with? For me, that remains to be seen. But, as I stated, I am cautiously optimistic. Will be curious to see where Nick lands on QB choice? Will he be more comfortable going with his starter from Maine or not?

Reaction Score
Basher? Hardly. Just not convinced yet. Of course any Offensive Coordinator will be much better with talent upgrades. The question for me is whether Charlton is getting the most from what he has to work with? For me, that remains to be seen. But, as I stated, I am cautiously optimistic. Will be curious to see where Nick lands on QB choice? Will he be more comfortable going with his starter from Maine or not?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom