I think Texas Tech | The Boneyard

I think Texas Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kliff Kingsbury offenses put up HUGE numbers at Houston and A&M when he was OC for Sumlin.

Reaction Score
Kingsbury is the ying to Diacos yang. All O. No D. Still. They start every game believing they have a chance. When's the last time we felt that way?

Reaction Score
Tough location to recruit. Middle to bottom tier program in their conference. Have to recruit 2 stars and coach them up. Lots of parallels

Reaction Score
Tough location to recruit. Middle to bottom tier program in their conference. Have to recruit 2 stars and coach them up. Lots of parallels
They are historically a middle to bottom tier program. We are not. Once this Diaco debacle is over, we can return to normalcy. One can hope.

Reaction Score
They're like the seventh or eighth choice for talent though. Texas. Oklahoma. A&M. TCU. Okie State. Baylor. Oregon (yes Oregon). Other P5s. Then Tech. Lubbock is literally the end of the earth.

Reaction Score
They are historically a middle to bottom tier program. We are not. Once this Diaco debacle is over, we can return to normalcy. One can hope.
Right. We're bottom.

Reaction Score
In the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter each team had like 3 possessions each. pass pass pass punt or bomb touchdown no inbetween

Reaction Score
Geez, I'm not so sure about that. It's Texas. They only have a baker's dozen kids from outside Texas/Oklahoma?

They're like the seventh or eighth choice for talent though. Texas. Oklahoma. A&M. TCU. Okie State. Baylor. Oregon (yes Oregon). Other P5s. Then Tech. Lubbock is literally the end of the earth.

I get location (been there/done that) but it's still Texas. They may not be first/second/third choice but they rarely have more than a few kids each class rated below a 3*. It speaks to the number of quality recruits spread throughout Texas - It is no comparison to CT and the surrounding states up here. I guess in the end, I'd like to have access to and sign the kids they sign.

Reaction Score
Kingsbury is the ying to Diacos yang. All O. No D. Still. They start every game believing they have a chance. When's the last time we felt that way?

And, that fact alone is reason enough to believe he is superior to BD. Offense is the name of this game . . .and it's attractiveness in competing for the entertainment dollar.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

I disagree. I've lived in Texas since 1986 and for most of that time, Tech was about #4 or #5, clearly behind Texas, Texas A&M, and OU.

It's only been recently that TCU, Baylor, and maybe Houston have outrecruited them. Back when the Pirate was here (and even before that), Tech did very well. They own the western third of Texas, although that is the most sparsely populated area in the state.

Reaction Score
Texas Tech doesn't get highly rated recruits. Skiblets is right. They are successful because of the guile and innovation of their coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom