I know there have been a ton of "no respect" threads. | The Boneyard

I know there have been a ton of "no respect" threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But I am starting to wonder if the rest of the basketball world simply tries to forget about UCONN's accomplishments. I just read this:

It’s the first championship game rematch of a regular-season meeting since the Kentucky Wildcats defeated the Kansas Jayhawks in 2012. The past three times regular-season opponents met for the national title, the team that won the first meeting won on Monday night, as well. That goes for the Connecticut Huskiesbeating Kentucky in 2011 and the North Carolina Tar Heels beating the Michigan State Spartans in 2009.

Know- I just returned from Costa Rica and I am not 100% together yet- but didn't we give FLA their last loss before playing them in the FF last year? I mean it's months not years.

Hello out there!! You can't change the facts and our NC count just as much as anyone else's. I feel better now-DOOMED.

Reaction Score
UConn & Kentucky in 2011 was the semifinal, too, not the championship.

Reaction Score
But I am starting to wonder if the rest of the basketball world simply tries to forget about UCONN's accomplishments. I just read this:

It’s the first championship game rematch of a regular-season meeting since the Kentucky Wildcats defeated the Kansas Jayhawks in 2012. The past three times regular-season opponents met for the national title, the team that won the first meeting won on Monday night, as well. That goes for the Connecticut Huskiesbeating Kentucky in 2011 and the North Carolina Tar Heels beating the Michigan State Spartans in 2009.

Know- I just returned from Costa Rica and I am not 100% together yet- but didn't we give FLA their last loss before playing them in the FF last year? I mean it's months not years.

Hello out there!! You can't change the facts and our NC count just as much as anyone else's. I feel better now-DOOMED.
Where did you read this lol

Reaction Score
2004 UConn is the exception to their rule, lost to Georgia Tech in the regular season only to beat them up for the national title!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
2004 UConn is the exception to their rule, lost to Georgia Tech in the regular season only to beat them up for the national title!

I picked the wrong one of those two games to attend. Our boys shot 10-30 from the FT line. Even a title that year still can't banish that memory from my mind.

Reaction Score

I would say our national championships count more than anyone else's, twice as much really.

Reaction Score
so....not only did they not forget us, they accidentally snuck us in the article incorrectly? lol

Obviously this is evidence that all the media are biased in our favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom