I Have A Crazy Question | The Boneyard

I Have A Crazy Question

Reaction Score
There are a lot of variables during March Madness that teams have to adjust to in terms of travel, unfamiliar venues, teams, officiating, and games in quick succession. But one thing I noticed (or thought I noticed) possibly in conjunction with some inconsistent play was the unpredictable ball handling during some games.

I'd be interested to know if the teams and their conferences are allotted a certain amount of "game" balls at the beginning of the year and are then able to familiarize themselves with those "lots" at practice and during the season. During the tournament I assume a totally separate manufacturing "run" is produced for these games. There would have to be some variability in the new lots even though they must have pretty strict tolerance testing. Slight variances in composition of materials might change the feel or the bounce just as variations in air pressure. It would obviously be one small element of things to adjust to but I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the process involved. It would be the same for running shoes, tires, paint, golf balls etc. as much as these manufacturers strive for consistency.

Reaction Score
I have one too. Has anyone ever played back to back games vs the Gael’s?
Great point. Iona and Saint Mary's are the only Gaels in D1.

Assuming random scheduling and taking the fact that there are 363 D1 schools, mathematically speaking, there is a 0.000761% chance (1/131406) of playing both Gaels in succession.

In comparison, the odds of finding a pearl in an oyster is 1 in 12000, or ~11 times more likely than playing two different Gaels in consecutive games.
Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great point. Iona and Saint Mary's are the only Gaels in D1.

Assuming random scheduling and taking the fact that there are 363 D1 schools, mathematically speaking, there is a 0.000761% chance (1/131406) of playing both Gaels in succession.

In comparison, the odds of finding a pearl in an oyster is 1 in 12000, or ~11 times more likely than playing two different Gaels in consecutive games.
Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF
All I can add is this is a gala event for UConn! Casual nerding.

This is the way!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom