I don't duck**** believe it... | The Boneyard

I don't duck**** believe it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All I can say is WOW and I'm so glad I was wrong about my prediction...

Seriously one of the best wins EVER. Give Ollie the gig NOW!

Ollie Wins!!! No way this is not an incredible win. Couldn't be happier for him and the team.
This was not a win against a chopped liver level team!

Compare this win against what the Tenn women did against Chat. WoW
Ira

Reaction Score
As much as I loved the opening minutes, I was even more impressed with the way we answered MSU's run. When the Spartans tied, and then took the lead, I thought they might slowly pull away. But UConn showed great poise, grit, and mental toughness, and made the big plays when needed. All hallmarks of a well-coached team. Also thought KO did a great job of managing everyone's minutes, so they had something left when they had to dig in late.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As much as I loved the opening minutes, I was even more impressed with the way we answered MSU's run. When the Spartans tied, and then took the lead, I thought they might slowly pull away. But UConn showed great poise, grit, and mental toughness, and made the big plays when needed. All hallmarks of a well-coached team. Also thought KO did a great job of managing everyone's minutes, so they had something left when they had to dig in late.
Couldn't agree more. and seeing the team all over Ollie after his interview just following the win was great to see. They showed him in practice and you can tell Ollie's totally in charge, but seeing how much the players really like him was great to see.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
The thruth is... guard Omar and he is useless Like Gmac

Open shot ...swish. Hand in face... doink

See box score as I have said

pj

Reaction Score

It's his first college game. Give him a break, he'll learn and be a great player.

Reaction Score

Good post. Mid second half, it certainly felt like MSU would get up a couple possessions and then potentially win by 10 plus. What stopped their run was "our old friend", as JC would say, defense. Boat started putting on ridiculous ball pressure, DD and TO started fighting like mad dogs inside, and we stabilized.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Speaking of defense, how about that one-on-one defense Boat played on the game clinching play? Played him tight, then recovered and got up to almost block the shot. Ricky Moore-like, which is to say, really, really, really good. I think that Boat had 5 steals tonight.

Reaction Score
That's what you pick to post about after a game like this? Enjoy the victory!

Great Win! So much to enjoy about this WIN Some will not have an interest in anything positive! Shaking head,but LOL at those who cant enjoy what was a great victory1

Happy for Ollie and the team
Ira

Reaction Score
I rank this in the top 5 UCONN wins ever, and a big part of that is what's on the line for KO. He's a champion and deserves a deal. this and the Indiana win in 07 are my regualar season favorites

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Heartily agree with Huskyhal...the poise and grit in the second half was phenomenal.

Boat and Bazz were excellent as expected.
Daniels looked great in stretches and also had a bad stretch during the first ten minutes of the 2nd half.
The ball movement during the first ten minutes of the game was outstanding...reminded me of Maui, two years ago.
I was pleasantly surprised by EWolf, who clearly showed that he belongs out there.
I love this team and really hope they give Coach Ollie a vote of confidence by way of a contract extension.

Reaction Score
It did speak to how ko relates to the team and provided some I sight into how he will relate with kids now and in the future. As he was getting set up to talk with Katz he was telling the entire team to get behind him. The message seemed to be no one guy, him inucluded, was responsible for the win, it was the team, the family that one it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It did speak to how ko relates to the team and provided some I sight into how he will relate with kids now and in the future. As he was getting set up to talk with Katz he was telling the entire team to get behind him. The message seemed to be no one guy, him inucluded, was responsible for the win, it was the team, the family that one it.
I noticed that. great stuff indeed.

Reaction Score
I dont know what to say other than wow. KO is already every bit the leader I would hope for out of a UConn coach. Those kids stuch around and are going to give us a season to root for and I think its going to be great, albeit bittersweet.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I cannot remember the last time I was that completely stunned by a UConn win. What a performance.

10 blocks!

Reaction Score

Chess board tables, Central Park, NY, 3:00pm. Be there. 35 second move limit (just like a shot clock). My pawn will take your queen! We will see how you play with a hand in your face. No tipping the board or maulings. That is how gentlemen settle disputes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom