I could give a rats ass moving forward | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I could give a rats ass moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
McCombs 5'7 170 labs runs a 4.6 forty
Red 5'10 201 labs and runs a 4.4 forty (currently on the Redskins)

I would have chosen Redd over McCombs to start in UConn's backfield any day.

Yep - and one quit on his teammates and one didnt - we can agree to disagree and continue to support UConn

Reaction Score
Newsome lead in overall yardage, I am assuming you are counting KO returns? Did he also lead the team in fumbles?
Nope Tied w/ Foxx for second @ 4 beyond Whitmer w/ 5.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Nope Tied w/ Foxx for second @ 4 beyond Whitmer w/ 5.

Not too shabby then...I was wrong - see I can admit it when I am, unlike others.

HE was tied for second on the team in fumbles.

Reaction Score
I will give you that semi reluctantly - not the norm.

Give me your breakdown on Stewart, Boyle, kurceza (sp), Newsome and others.
Kuraczea and Newsome we not Gatorade POYs. Kuraczea chose other recreational releases, rather then going to class. Newsome is only a freshman. Hopefully, he'll learn from his experience, both good and bad, and help turn this thing around.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Kuraczea and Newsome we not Gatorade POYs. Kuraczea chose other recreational releases, rather then going to class. Newsome is only a freshman. Hopefully, he'll learn from his experience, both good and bad, and help turn this thing around.

I dont recall specifically calling Kuraczea a GPOY - if I did my bad.

Give me your insight on this QB we saw who suffered with a Florida and BC offer?

I hope Arkeel turns it around - Im still more interested in PA, NJ and FLA kids who come out of HS with a much higher FB IQ - not blaming the kids but the CT HS FB Coaches Association members -

Reaction Score
I dont recall specifically calling Kuraczea a GPOY - if I did my bad.

Give me your insight on this QB we saw who suffered with a Florida and BC offer?

I hope Arkeel turns it around - Im still more interested in PA, NJ and FLA kids who come out of HS with a much higher FB IQ - not blaming the kids but the CT HS FB Coaches Association members -

We shouldn't give up on CT kids because Boyle is currently struggling. There's star players that excel at the college level who comes from CT. We just need them to commit to UConn and not let them go to another school. Boyle may be struggling, but that doesn't mean he can't be a star next year.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
We shouldn't give up on CT kids because Boyle is currently struggling. There's star players that excel at the college level who comes from CT. We just need them to commit to UConn and not let them go to another school. Boyle may be struggling, but that doesn't mean he can't be a star next year.
I would rather recruits struggle at another D1 school than ours - I would think that would benefit UConn.

I hope he becomes a star - don't see it at all - don't even see contributor at this point. I could end up wrong and hope I do but so far....

Bonehead

Reaction Score
No argument and as he should have... but based on 2015 offers that are known, there appears to be less focus on CT and more on out of state targets (could be depth of talent this year and talent committed elsewhere already as well). You need to assess and recruit CT but you don't need to over saturate it.
Believe it or not - it's also because CT HS FB coaches are not open to this staff over hard feelings on the last staff departure - as it's been told to me.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not - it's also because CT HS FB coaches are not open to this staff over hard feelings on the last staff departure - as it's been told to me.

What's been told to you not entirely true... there is a faction of old guard that may apply to . They are plenty of others who are open minded, laugh @ the old guard and embrace UConn staff in their schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom