I believe UConn basketball can and will be like the next Alabama football | The Boneyard

I believe UConn basketball can and will be like the next Alabama football

Reaction Score
We have a long way to go but if we keep doing this we can start making Alabama type impact with Nick saban the college football version of Danny Hurley What do you think I see some shades of their greatness translated through a different sport.

Theres more parody in college basketball due to the tourney format but I think we’re about to do this . Na bro?

Reaction Score
Alabama has elite resources. Resources I'm not sure Connecticut will ever come close to matching. That said, Hurley is an elite coach. If he can recruit the supremely talented guys that fit what he wants to do, then yes, UConn can dominate like Bama has.

Reaction Score
We have a long way to go but if we keep doing this we can start making Alabama type impact with Nick saban the college football version of Danny Hurley What do you think I see some shades of their greatness translated through a different sport.

Theres more parody in college basketball due to the tourney format but I think we’re about to do this . Na bro?
not sure this makes much sense. I think next year we are going to lose Tritstan Newton,Cam Spencer, Stephon Castle, Donovan Clingan, and possibly Alex Karaban. I am not sure of the percentages but this is most likely 75% of our scoring and Rebounding, I am not saying we don't have some talented freshman but they are a long way from the proven talent that we have in the program right now.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Nope. My guess is there are high schools in the south that draw a larger crowd than any college bb game.

Only once since 2014 did UConn get past the first round of the tournament, until this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well I love what we got maybe I’m just living up to my name a lil too much these days. We are the beast. And it can’t be bad for the mojo!!

Reaction Score
Nope. My guess is there are high schools in the south that draw a larger crowd than any college bb game.

Only once since 2014 did UConn get past the first round of the tournament, until this year.
Nope. The highest attendance ever for a high school football game was at Soldier Field in 1937. 110,000 to 120,000 fans is the reported figure. The highest attendance high school football game in the modern era was in 2013 in Texas, 54,000 people. UConn v. SDSU this year had 73,000.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Alabama became a dominant football program, and the SEC a dominant football conference, because they were willing to cheat at a level that other programs were not willing to do. With NIL, it isn't cheating anymore, and the era of Alabama and SEC dominance is over.

With NIL, the Transfer Portal, the Playoff and the impact of streaming on future revenues, no program will ever dominate college sports like that again.

Reaction Score
Seems very unlikely, but at this point, I feel better than I could have ever imagined about repeating this year

Reaction Score
where does making bball to football comps get us, it's apples and oranges. how about Hurley rivals coach Ks success at duke over the next 20 years? that's the modern day gold standard.

Reaction Score

Your post is a parody. In college bb, there is parity......

Reaction Score
Next year might be tough on our Huskies. Clingan will be very hard to replace along with Newton, Castle and, maybe AK. Let's enjoy this team first.

Reaction Score
not sure this makes much sense. I think next year we are going to lose Tritstan Newton,Cam Spencer, Stephon Castle, Donovan Clingan, and possibly Alex Karaban. I am not sure of the percentages but this is most likely 75% of our scoring and Rebounding, I am not saying we don't have some talented freshman but they are a long way from the proven talent that we have in the program right now.
We bring back Ball, Johnson and imho AK should come back. If AK does come back thats a good core with a grad transfer or two and a talented recruiting class and this years freshmen a year better we can be really good again.

Reaction Score
We bring back Ball, Johnson and imho AK should come back. If AK does come back thats a good core with a grad transfer or two and a talented recruiting class and this years freshmen a year better we can be really good again.
No we need a major infusion of talent high level talent whether it be portal or recruiting to be added to the roster to make us this dominant next year. Newton alone is a huge loss.

Reaction Score
No we need a major infusion of talent high level talent whether it be portal or recruiting to be added to the roster to make us this dominant next year. Newton alone is a huge loss.
I did not say this dominant. I said really good. This Uconn team is a powerhouse that could be better than last years team. If you expect this type of team every season you are going to be disappointed more often than not. Thats just not a realistic expectation.

Reaction Score

There are a few just above 20k HS stadiums.

Reaction Score
If Cooper Flagg and the two Rutgers signees committed to Uconn, I'd be with you "Bro". Lol :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
NFL players from just the 2017 Alabama Team that lost to Clemson.

WR Robert Foster, Dolphins
DB Tony Brown, Bengals
QB Jalen Hurts, Eagles
WR Calvin Ridley, Jaguars
WR Jerry Jeudy, Broncos
WR DeVonta Smith, Eagles
DB Trevon Diggs, Cowboys
RB Josh Jacobs, Raiders
DL Da’Shawn Hand, Lions
QB Mac Jones, Patriots
P JK Scott, Packers
WR Henry Ruggs, Raiders
QB Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins
DB Deionte Thompson, Cardinals
DB Ronnie Harrison, Browns
WR Cam Sims, WFT
LB Dylan Moses, Jaguars
LB Shaun Dion Hamilton, Lions
DB Jared Mayden, 49ers
RB Najee Harris, Steelers
LB Terrell Lewis, Rams
DB Xavier McKinney, Giants
DB Anthony Averett, Ravens
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Steelers
LB Mack Wilson, Browns
LB Rashaan Evans, Titans
LB Anfernee Jennings, Patriots
RB Damien Harris, Patriots
DB Levi Wallace, Bills
LS Thomas Fletcher, Panthers
LB Christian Miller, Panthers
DL Isaiah Buggs, Steelers
OL J.C. Hassenauer, Steelers
OL Deonte Brown, Panthers
OL Lester Cotton, Raiders
OL Alex Leatherwood, Raiders
OL Ross Pierschbacher, Eagles
OL Jonah Williams, Bengals
OL Jedrick Wills, Browns
OL Bradley Bozeman, Ravens
TE Irv Smith Jr., Vikings
TE Miller Forristall, Titans
DL Quinnen Williams, Jets
DL Da’Ron Payne, WFT
DL Raekwon Davis, Dolphins
TE Hale Hentges, recently retired from football.
RB Bo Scarbrough, currently a free agent.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There are a few just above 20k HS stadiums.

doesn't matter. No college bb team will ever have the following Alabama football has. It'll never happen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the Hurley to NBA thing will be real if we win another one
He wins another and although it would be heartbreaking id be ok with him leaving if thats what makes him happy and id wish him the absolute best.

Reaction Score
I think he said just before the season that he might not fit in the NBA with his personality or temperament. I don’t think he’ll leave
Some guys are built for the college game and if he knows and realizes that then he is going to be successful at the highest level as long as hes here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom