I am afraid to ask about the announcer's statement | The Boneyard

I am afraid to ask about the announcer's statement

Reaction Score
Just before the start of the FL state game, they were talking about injuries.
At one point, someone said "...and three of them are out all year."
Tell me please ..... that I didn't miss something new about Miss Fudd's prognosis !

Reaction Score
It was a confused conversation, someone seemed not to know that two of those on the list were back and I think the comment was meant to say "still out" and got garbled.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just before the start of the FL state game, they were talking about injuries.
At one point, someone said "...and three of them are out all year."
Tell me please ..... that I didn't miss something new about Miss Fudd's prognosis !
I thought about that too and at first was like "what"???

Then I realized the announcer who said it was Carolyn Peck, and I considered the source. 'Nuff said!

All joking aside, this is one of the times I listened to her and did not have an aneurysm rolling my eyes every time she spoke. She actually seemed knowledgeable of the players, had some good insight, and called the game.

Reaction Score
either she was mistaken or she knows something that nobody else does. Not sure if she can be classified as an "insider"

Reaction Score

Then I realized the announcer who said it was Carolyn Peck, and I considered the source. 'Nuff said!

All joking aside, this is one of the times I listened to her and did not have an aneurysm rolling my eyes every time she spoke. She actually seemed knowledgeable of the players, had some good insight, and called the game.
Maybe it was meant as some sort of elementary school "joke" as in leaving for Christmas break and somebody says, "See you next year."

Reaction Score
On the subject of announcers, thanks Dave for putting the jinx on the, "UConn is a perfect 15 for 15 from the free throw line"...then Nika proceeds to miss her first free throw (1:37) followed by Aaliyah two missed free throws (1:00).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Peck said of Nika during the game, “The amount of time (Nika) gets on the court depends on how well she can make her threes”.

I just rewatched the first few minutes. I had the gist right but the quote was wrong. About 14:10, Nika makes a three and Peck said that Nika’s inconsistency shooting the three has affected how much she plays.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't remember hearing it, so I was waiting for Dave to bring up our "not losing back-to-back games" record

Reaction Score
I don't remember hearing it, so I was waiting for Dave to bring up our "not losing back-to-back games" record
I don’t think he mentioned that, but more than once CD’s undefeated head coaching record was brought up.

Reaction Score
On the subject of announcers, thanks Dave for putting the jinx on the, "UConn is a perfect 15 for 15 from the free throw line"...then Nika proceeds to miss her first free throw (1:37) followed by Aaliyah two missed free throws (1:00).
When he said it, I screamed, "No, No"! When will announcers learn to shut up at such moments. Baseball players never talk to the pitcher if he is working on a perfect game for a reason!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Peck said of Nika during the game, “The amount of time (Nika) gets on the court depends on how well she can make her threes”.

:rolleyes:
So its a form thing with Peck now? :confused:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Thank Heavens I did not hear that remark about 3 being out for the year.
It would have ruined the game for me trying to speculate who it was...with one name being the most
obvious. Win the game or lose it...THAT loss would be devastating for her and the team.

Not to be poking the bear here but since there has been nothing to confirm this, can we [as Aaron Rodgers said]
"just relax"?

Great to see Nika and Dorka out there...mistakes yes...presence and performances a BIG plus.
Nika: get that Seton Hall guard under your control...we win, She goes wild...who knows?

Reaction Score
Just be glad Bill Walton doesn't do womens games.
Coming At You Nba All Star GIF by NBA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom