Husky Awards Show - Molly Bent's fans would LOVE this | The Boneyard

Husky Awards Show - Molly Bent's fans would LOVE this

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Writeup

From women’s basketball, Molly Bent was named the first Ultimate Husky, chosen for her loyalty and support for her fellow athletes on campus.

“Who else but Molly Bent exemplifies all the things an ‘ultimate Husky’ needs to exemplify. Who’s the hardest worker? Molly Bent. Who has the most energy? Molly Bent," UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma said.

"Who has gotten the respect of teammates and fans and athletes in general, coaches, staff and anybody’s she’s ever met? Molly Bent is the ultimate Husky.”

Kyla was nominated and Geno could have just added Ditto.

Reaction Score

Anna M., Crystal D., Kyla I. and the women basketball team are all nominated for some award.

Kyla and Molly, in particular, are @ 19:22.

Field Hockey? What did they do again? Not Coach Geno's team?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"None of us are surprised, but all of us are proud of you." Amen Molly, amen.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
From women’s basketball, Molly Bent was named the first Ultimate Husky, chosen for her loyalty and support for her fellow athletes on campus.

“Who else but Molly Bent exemplifies all the things an ‘ultimate Husky’ needs to exemplify. Who’s the hardest worker? Molly Bent. Who has the most energy? Molly Bent," UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma said.

"Who has gotten the respect of teammates and fans and athletes in general, coaches, staff and anybody’s she’s ever met? Molly Bent is the ultimate Husky.”

Kyla was nominated and Geno could have just added Ditto.
I gotta agree with you but based entirely on Kyla's bench actions. I am guessing that Molly is more of a behind the scenes type of person. In another time, it might be considered being an introvert.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I gotta agree with you but based entirely on Kyla's bench actions. I am guessing that Molly is more of a behind the scenes type of person. In another time, it might be considered being an introvert.

Actually, part of the award criterion seems to be 'supporting other athletic teams' and I seem to recall deep in my memory that Molly was known for being involved with other UConn teams so that could have been a big factor.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Field Hockey? What did they do again? Not Coach Geno's team?
The UConn field hockey team, which finished the shortened season ranked #2, had a Honda award candidate and put two players on this year’s US National team. It had two All Americans, including the NFHCA Mideast Region POY.

Historically, UConn has won 5 national championships and is considered a juggernaut and perennial national championship contender in field hockey. Coach Nancy Stevens is the winningist coach in Div I field hockey and has been an assistant coach on three US Olympic teams.

UConn Field Hockey is Women’s Basketball’s peer in every way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom