Huskies Tavern opening a Downtown Hartford location (@103 Pratt St) | The Boneyard

Huskies Tavern opening a Downtown Hartford location (@103 Pratt St)

Reaction Score

-> The original Huskies Tavern is located on the UConn campus at Storrs. This new Huskies will be the second in the state, and a premiere sports bar for UConn alumni, sports fans and patrons of the XL Center or Dunkin Donuts Park, members of the development team said. <-

Reaction Score
The guy talking on the podium in that pic is my cousin and him and his brother (fellow BY’er not to be named) have been determined to build up the Pratt street area of downtown Hartford with their company Lexington Partners. They’ve been doing an amazing job and people are going to be pleasantly surprised with the area soon enough. This is big news for Hartford!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The guy talking on the podium in that pic is my cousin and him and his brother (fellow BY’er not to be named) have been determined to build up the Pratt street area of downtown Hartford with their company Lexington Partners. They’ve been doing an amazing job and people are going to be pleasantly surprised with the area soon enough. This is big news for Hartford!
Urban Lodge looks like it's a hit. I can vouch for their Nachos.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a Huskies in Hartford years ago on the second floor of the Black Eyed Sally's building, where Pig's Eye Pub is now?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Wasn't there a Huskies in Hartford years ago on the second floor of the Black Eyed Sally's building, where Pig's Eye Pub is now?
Yes! I remember going there a few times.

Reaction Score
Let me guess. The "not to be named" BY'er is none other than @Chief00

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not that I know of. That building was the Civic Pub back in the day, which was very much a UConn bar full stop. The 2nd floor was a New Wave dance bar with a surfing theme for a period of time. I can't recall the name.

I don't really ever get to Hartford, but this is great news. With Challenges and the Civic Pub both long gone, Hartford really needs a UConn sports bar in the area.

Reaction Score
Not that I know of. That building was the Civic Pub back in the day, which was very much a UConn bar full stop. The 2nd floor was a New Wave dance bar with a surfing theme for a period of time. I can't recall the name.

I don't really ever get to Hartford, but this is great news. With Challenges and the Civic Pub both long gone, Hartford really needs a UConn sports bar in the area.
Spent many a Saturday night at Civic Pub with their green plastic mugs! The dance bar on the second floor was called North Shore. After North Shore and before Pig's Eye Pub, it was Huskies for a while.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Black Eyed Sally's turned out to better than the Civic Pub in every way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Black Eyed Sally's turned out to better than the Civic Pub in every way.
As a place to eat, sure. As a place to be packed like sardines with 20 somethings drinking beer on Friday and Saturday night, I really doubt it. Civic Pub was awesome because every weekend we saw the same faces we saw at Ted's and Huskies for the most part. It was a college bar in all but location.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sally's has live music, Rockinghorse is the beer hall now.

Reaction Score
Pratt St has always had tons of potential. At times it even fulfilled it.
Pratt Street is nice, it's too bad it's not three blocks instead of one. The St. John's game was my first time back in Hartford for a game in many years. The Civic Center/XL is an absolute dump and not befitting of the UConn basketball program.

Reaction Score
You know a city is beyond dead when it holds a press conference with the mayor to announce that two restaurants are opening

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You know a city is beyond dead when it holds a press conference with the mayor to announce that two restaurants are opening
Wouldn't that be if zero restaurants are opening?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom