Hurley's Ego | The Boneyard

Hurley's Ego

Reaction Score
I think this is an awful take as there is zero evidence that Hurley has shown us since he got here that he will accept less than the best from his program. We have literally improved every year he has been here EVEN AFTER WINNING A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and losing our top 3 players

Reaction Score
Hurley was confident all year, call it what you want ego etc. He won the 23 chip and had a top 5 team all year. He earned that right.

Now after winning back to back, we'll you get the point.

He has the best coaches in the country, and nobody works harder than the coaches and this team. Look how all 7 players improved dramatically from last year or on Castle case beginning of the year. I'm sure Cam improved too, I just don't watch Rutgers lol.

Reaction Score
As great a coach as Hurley has been, his large ego is a concern now that he has become very famous in the world of Hoops. Does anyone see this as a potential issue? Will he be able to stay focused on the team...?

I think he is playing the game. He needs to be the program's and Big East best advocate. Let him do his thing. A bit of cockiness and ego doesn't hurt nobody.

Reaction Score
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
As great a coach as Hurley has been, his large ego is a concern now that he has become very famous in the world of Hoops. Does anyone see this as a potential issue? Will he be able to stay focused on the team...?
If he had such a large ego leaving URI wouldn't have been such a dilemma, one, and two, he'd be in Lexington NOW giving a press conference for his 10 mil a year job. This ain't Cal.

Next.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Every man has an ego that gets him a little sideways once in a while. It's a male birthright. I'm a Dan too, I know what it's like. His potential ego issue as you called it caused us to go 37-3 and win back to back nattys. I think we'll be fine.

Reaction Score
I feel like people mistake intensity for ego. And his intensity (bordering on insanity) is WHY this team is so good.
The guy admits in public to crying and doing yoga/meditating. That's so far from ego, you think Cal is up there talking about the last time he had a good cry? If anything hurley is a great role model to all young males to be more in touch with emotions in a culture that tends to pride itself in males keeping it all inside.

Reaction Score
The guy admits in public to crying and doing yoga/meditating. That's so far from ego, you think Cal is up there talking about the last time he had a good cry? If anything hurley is a great role model to all young males to be more in touch with emotions in a culture that tends to pride itself in males keeping it all inside.
Next thread:

"Is Hurley Too Sensitive?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom