Hurley's Calhoun Anecdote... | The Boneyard

Hurley's Calhoun Anecdote...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Was cooking earlier and the news showed Hurley sharing a story of when he first got here. After his 1st practice, Danny was distraught. After practice #2 he went to Calhoun's office saying, 'I don't know, Jim. There are no procedures in place. No focus. I think I made a mistake."

Calhoun went all Godfather treating him like Johnny Fontane and telling him to snap out of it and be a man.

Cool story, if true.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Was cooking earlier and the news showed Hurley sharing a story of when he first got here. After his 1st practice, Danny was distraught. After practice #2 he went to Calhoun's office saying, 'I don't know, Jim. There are no procedures in place. No focus. I think I made a mistake."

Calhoun went all Godfather treating him like Johnny Fontane and telling him to snap out of it and be a man.

Cool story, if true.
I think somebody posted pretty close to this in the last couple weeks, so as long you really were cooking, I'm inclined to think it's true.

Reaction Score
Hearing Hurley say how much of a mess the program was when he came in is why the program likely should never welcome Ollie back. You don’t hold a grudge or feel animosity towards him, but you don’t build a close relationship with him either

If someone you trusted absolutely trashed your house while you were out of town, you probably wouldn’t invite them back in your house again unless they demonstrated serious remorse and change. Even then, nobody would blame you for not leaving them in your house unattended

For Ollie, the only way you take him back is if he issues a serious heartfelt apology to be program (need not be public) acknowledging what he did and talking accountability. Even then, you don’t let him in more than an arm’s length (e.g., no talking to players directly, no attending practice)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hearing Hurley say how much of a mess the program was when he came in is why the program likely should never welcome Ollie back. You don’t hold a grudge or feel animosity towards him, but you don’t build a close relationship with him either

If someone you trusted absolutely trashed your house while you were out of town, you probably wouldn’t invite them back in your house again unless they demonstrated serious remorse and change. Even then, nobody would blame you for not leaving them in your house unattended

For Ollie, the only way you take him back is if he issues a serious heartfelt apology to be program (need not be public) acknowledging what he did and talking accountability. Even then, you don’t let him in more than an arm’s length (e.g., no talking to players directly, no attending practice)

Jay McInerney wrote the mid-80s novel "Bright Lights, Big City" in the second person singular voice.

As an audiobook that accompanied me during my commute, it provided a richly imaginative
experience for me drop myself into an energetic story about NYC club-hopping, sexual intrigue, and "Bolivian marching powder" with the, "You go here, and you see this, and you feel that, and then you leave ..." voice directing me. See excerpt link below.

I wrote the above because your saying "you" rather than "I" forced me to decide if it fit me or not. It doesn't, but I get that it probably reflects how you feel, and I no think you're wrong than I'd take on your thinking I'm wrong

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Enough with the Ollie hate. It is old, and EVERYONE is moving past it. I think fans like you should give Ollie a public apology for trashing a player that has been a great representative of the university for all but 1 year of the past 33, AND WON A FREAKING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Reading posts like yours make me wonder if our fan base is worse than Kentucky's.

Reaction Score
Enough with the Ollie hate. It is old, and EVERYONE is moving past it. I think fans like you should give Ollie a public apology for trashing a player that has been a great representative of the university for all but 1 year of the past 33, AND WON A FREAKING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Reading posts like yours make me wonder if our fan base is worse than Kentucky's.
Thx for your interest in UConn basketball KO’s Mom

Reaction Score

aLsO pAyBaCk ThE mOnEy!!!

Reaction Score

It wasnt all KO tho. The recruiting pipeline changed considerably once in the AAC. KO has to shoulder the majority but he was just a poor recruiter. Just wasnt cut out for it.

Reaction Score

LMAO. Kevin Ollie’s coaching fell off a cliff after winning a national championship. Each half of that prior sentence is part of his resume — not just the second half. And, by the way, Kevin Ollie’s complaint against UConn was heard by a tribunal the two sides agreed upon which heard the evidence in a manner that you haven’t and decided UConn did not have the right to fire him. Now, ask yourself which side bears more than 50% of the responsibility here — an employer who doesn’t follow a contract in terminating an employee, or an employee who achieves the pinnacle doing his job and then starts performing poorly.

KO‘s coaching, as I said, fell off a cliff. UConn decided it needed to move on from him — fine. Thinking an employee should be treated as a leper because he’s not doing a good job as an employee is patently absurd.

Reaction Score

This is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32