Hurley tweet (See you Saturday) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley tweet (See you Saturday)

Reaction Score
Firstly, I have loved Dan Hurley as a coach since the day he was hired. He was successful everywhere before he came here, and now he has a National Championship and the team is #1 in the country. He has rebuilt the winning culture here.

Having said that, if he's going to act the way he does during games, with all of the faces and the crazy gestures, and berating the refs, what does he expect when he walks off the court? Fans are going to yell at him. Does he want to act crazy during the game and then have the fans NOT act crazy towards him? He needs a canopy between him and the fans "to avoid me in a confrontational situation"? Why don't other coaches need a canopy between them in the fans?

Simple rule as a player or coach - NEVER respond to negative things from the crowd. It's exactly what they want. He has now made himself a MUCH bigger target. He simply lacks self control that he should have. Period.

Having said all that, let me end with something I always say about coaches - Have fun finding the perfect coach! They don't exist. I really can't stand Hurley's antics, but I love his enthusiasm. He seems great with the players. He's improved every program he's gone to. He has brought back UConn's winning culture. I'm glad he's here. I just wish he could tone down the antics, but oh well, nobody's perfect.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
DH getting bashed pretty heavily in the comments over this:

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
That is not at all the explanation I was expecting for that meme. And I really don't like it. It's thin-skinned and will lead to worse fan behavior for road games.
And it is already happening on social media. This is going to stick for some time. He could have marketed the reason for the post a little better. I mean he said younger members of the staff were advising him. Would have been better to take accountability for the teams performance.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Geez, can’t win a close game and has rabbit ears after a loss? Fire him! /s

Coaches have been woofing at opposing fans for decades, it’s nothing new. Now we just have social media and camera phones to blast it all over the internet. Personally I’m not a fan of it but I’m not from Jersey City. To each his or her own…

Reaction Score
If we weren't #1 or didn't lose this wouldn't even be a story

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If we weren't #1 or didn't lose this wouldn't even be a story
Disagree. If any perceived blue blood or even tier 2 coach whined about wanting a canopy over the tunnels, it would be a story. And our fans would be all over it. We'd probably start with 5 threads about it here. Hell, we'd even do it for Cuse or Cooley.

Reaction Score
Disagree. If any perceived blue blood or even tier 2 coach whined about wanting a canopy over the tunnels, it would be a story. And our fans would be all over it. We'd probably start with 5 threads about it here. Hell, we'd even do it for Cuse or Cooley.
Yea no

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That’s my take. I’m really trying to care about this but I’m having a tough time.
I don't know if Marquette fans will be truly nasty about this, but you can bet the house Providence fans will.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom