Hurley post Nova presser | The Boneyard

Hurley post Nova presser

Reaction Score
Why is the audio so terrible on these Facebook live press conferences?

I'll see if I can find the Youtube version later, which is usually much better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting at the end when DH expressed his displeasure with how the BE scheduled UConn with 3 games in 6 days to end regular season. He said without actually saying it that he believes the BE was punishing UConn for flirting with B12 last year with the scheduling oddities this season.

Team obviously overcame most of the stumbling blocks (real or imaginary) by BE schedule so far but the defending National Champs getting 3 games in 6 days with last 2 on the road before BE Tourney....certainly no favors done for UConn by BE.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I personally believe the conference punishes us, but it isn't directly due to that we looked into leaving but rather that a) we can leave and b) we have advantages (which happen to put us in position to leave) that we can use to be ahead of all other member schools.

Reaction Score
Interesting at the end when DH expressed his displeasure with how the BE scheduled UConn with 3 games in 6 days to end regular season. He said without actually saying it that he believes the BE was punishing UConn for flirting with B12 last year with the scheduling oddities this season.
Eh, that's just Hurley being Hurley. He likes to point out any angle of being slighted to gain motivation. You're always going to play 3 games in 6 or 7 days in conference. You play every weekend and then one during the weekdays. You're not going to play every Saturday or every Sunday. I'm sure he's not complaining about getting a week off near the end of the BE regular season right now.

Reaction Score
I personally believe the conference punishes us, but it isn't directly due to that we looked into leaving but rather that a) we can leave and b) we have advantages (which happen to put us in position to leave) that we can use to be ahead of all other member schools.
This logic doesn’t make sense - if UConn can leave (which is also debatable) and the Big East is interested in retaining them, shouldn’t they treat them well rather than punishing them?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The Big East has a love hate relationship with UConn. The love the money and attention we bring to the league. But we own the place and they know it. They will give every advantage to the rest of the league they can.

Reaction Score
This logic doesn’t make sense - if UConn can leave (which is also debatable) and the Big East is interested in retaining them, shouldn’t they treat them well rather than punishing them?
I agree, never bought this line. BE members need to work together on the product, just don’t think they do a great job of that.

Reaction Score
Last night Gus Johnson made a statement which prob won’t come true I know about how great the BE is and how Syracuse and BC need to come back. That surprised me.

Reaction Score
Last night Gus Johnson made a statement which prob won’t come true I know about how great the BE is and how Syracuse and BC need to come back. That surprised me.
They’d drag the league down. Don’t need another Georgetown thanks

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A lot of the big east current cachet is due to us. That isn't the same we are the only good team, but rather our presence, particularly as national champions, gives the entire conference a higher profile. That said, I prefer watching a big east game to say watching a Big Ten game. In my opinion, it's just better basketball.

Reaction Score
A lot of the big east current cachet is due to us. That isn't the same we are the only good team, but rather our presence, particularly as national champions, gives the entire conference a higher profile. That said, I prefer watching a big east game to say watching a Big Ten game. In my opinion, it's just better basketball.
Nova carried the Division for 10 years, so we must still acknowledge that program's weight for North East basketball.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it but if we received an invite to a Big 4 conference we would have to take it. The landscape ($) is being set up for the big 4 to simply overrun the smaller conferences. We can fantasize all we want that the Big East remain a top level hoops conference and it may still be for a few more years but the handwriting is on the wall.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nova carried the Division for 10 years, so we must still acknowledge that program's weight for North East basketball.
Would that be the years that we weren't here and before Jay Wright retired? "We must acknowledge" that neither of those conditions exist at this time.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Favorite part of the interview was when he said he’s been hearing several NBA teams are seriously interested in Tristen. Man would that be special if true.

Reaction Score
The Big East has a love hate relationship with UConn. The love the money and attention we bring to the league. But we own the place and they know it. They will give every advantage to the rest of the league they can.

I think the Big East was doing just fine the years UConn wasn't a part of the league. Lets keep in mind that it was UConn that was struggling during that period, not the Big East.

We can save ourselves those comments that can only be deemed as arrogant by other fans. UConn-Big East Is simply a great marriage. But no ones own anything.

The brand, the conference tournament, the culture and spirit of the league has withstood numerous raids. The Big East has survived the test of time

Now, lets go ahead and win the whole damn thing!

Reaction Score
Hate to say it but if we received an invite to a Big 4 conference we would have to take it. The landscape ($) is being set up for the big 4 to simply overrun the smaller conferences. We can fantasize all we want that the Big East remain a top level hoops conference and it may still be for a few more years but the handwriting is on the wall.
They said that back in 2013...and yet here we are... 3 national championships later...

Reaction Score
Geno won a lot of national championships playing in a Big East where the rest of the teams stunk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom