Hurley post game presser -PC 2/16 | The Boneyard

Hurley post game presser -PC 2/16

Reaction Score
Interesting comments about Akok. Makes it sound like he and Akok pow wowed about his readiness. Then seemed to decide today wasn't his day. Sounds odd to me. To be honest it smells partly like b.s. not 100% b.s. Maybe just half the story.

Reaction Score
Interesting comments about Akok. Makes it sound like he and Akok pow wowed about his readiness. Then seemed to decide today wasn't his day. Sounds odd to me. To be honest it smells partly like b.s. not 100% b.s. Maybe just half the story.
Some days Akok will give us 10-15 minutes, some days he wont give us much at all. That's a major injury.

Reaction Score
Some days Akok will give us 10-15 minutes, some days he wont give us much at all. That's a major injury.
Yeah, maybe that's all it is. Not trying to imply something nefarious. Or promote outlandish theories. My b.s. sensor just spiked a bit. Not a lot. Just a little. The answer sounded incomplete.

Reaction Score
I like the comment at the end “we are not losing any more games in this building”. Also, the nostalgia of what could have been with this group and our home fans. Really want this season to end special for this group...

Reaction Score
DH basically said that Akok practiced too hard and too long yesterday, and again at today’s shoot around. And that Akok told DH before the game that he wasn’t feeling that good (because of working too hard). So they limited his minutes. And will going forward during future practices. Sounded honest and reasonable to me.

Reaction Score
Doubt it. Given his long recovery and severe injury, plus the start/stop conditioning all year, not unreasonable that he'd experience similar start/stop in game play.

Reaction Score
If Akok told the staff he felt off and was going to play like crap, then it tells us a lot about his character and willingness to win. Good to see for a guy that is going to be a star for us in the next couple seasons.

Reaction Score
doesn't seem that odd to me. they do that in the nba all the time with guys coming back from a similar injury.

Reaction Score
Also, consider the DH said preciously that we wouldn't see Akok's shot blocking return until next year. Sounds like the heel is still pretty weak, and probably tender. But damn, he sure looked good on that drive to the basket against SH. And that smile is as good as ever.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If Akok told the staff he felt off and was going to play like crap, then it tells us a lot about his character and willingness to win. Good to see for a guy that is going to be a star for us in the next couple seasons.

His character was never in doubt, so it wouldn't surprise me. He gives everything all the time. So selfless. Will probably go down as one of my all time favorite Huskies.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Coach had to be really proud of his team yesterday. That 2nd half we looked like UConn of old. Tough and confident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom