Hungary game, part 2 | The Boneyard

Hungary game, part 2

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let’s try again - this thread is to talk about the games, see pictures of the team, view clips, etc.

Carry on.

Reaction Score
Let’s try again - this thread is to talk about the games, see pictures of the team, view clips, etc.

Carry on.
So many threads get off topic. I wonder if you will start shutting them down more often.

In the Pécs game, I was most excited to see Aubrey play well. She’s explosive and smart on both ends, and the team seems more dynamic and scary with her on the court.

It was interesting that Geno started Q in the game. Her shooting form and confidence at a young age are impressive.

Nika continued to demonstrate elite passing and intense defensive energy, and she was a strong floor general. Although she airballed a 3 and a 2, she was also a more confident and aggressive scorer than she has been in the past. She made a big jump between her sophomore and junior years. If she makes an offensive jump this year …

Then there’s KK. She also airballed a three, but she shows so much potential. I can’t wait to see what she can do after more practice with the team.

In general, I’m happy with everyone on the team. I hope Caroline is okay.

Reaction Score
So many threads get off topic. I wonder if you will start shutting them down more often.

In the Pécs game, I was most excited to see Aubrey play well. She’s explosive and smart on both ends, and the team seems more dynamic and scary with her on the court.

It was interesting that Geno started Q in the game. Her shooting form and confidence at a young age are impressive.

Nika continued to demonstrate elite passing and intense defensive energy, and she was a strong floor general. Although she airballed a 3 and a 2, she was also a more confident and aggressive scorer than she has been in the past. She made a big jump between her sophomore and junior years. If she makes an offensive jump this year …

Then there’s KK. She also airballed a three, but she shows so much potential. I can’t wait to see what she can do after more practice with the team.

In general, I’m happy with everyone on the team. I hope Caroline is okay.
Why shut them down? People, including myself need to be better at making a point without doing it at the expense of another person or player. I have read a lot of comments that were harsh that I completely agreed with but thought maybe it could have been said a little differently so it wouldn't hurt or offend. I am sure I come up short at times but I promise I always try to do my best to review my post and make sure it doesn't sound like I don't appreciate the difficulty in the work and effort all of these players put in to be the best in world. I was a very good athlete but not elite and the girls we are watching at UCONN are all elite.

Reaction Score
Ok my take on the four games and the team chemistry. Team chemistry is off the charts the girls looked like they had so much fun. What an experience to travel to Europe and see many other cultures.
The player who showed me she will be part of the rotation is KK They already have developed a offensive set with a player to play from the foul line to the top of the key. That player can recieve a pass from KK and then screen for her as she cuts by her and then a pass to her for a layup or if she is not open drive to the hoop. A great play for Aaliyah since she has a great first step. KK can also drive to the hoop with the open lane and they close her out with help she can pass to our 3 point shooters. By the way with Azzi and Paige waiting for that shot I will tell them take it everytime all day long. KK defense will lead to many steals with fast brakes at the end.
Ice has shown she is also in the rotation for the 4 and 5 spot. She will find her offense as the year goes on.
Can't comment on Ayanna or Caroline until they can get on the court.
Amari looked good getting up and down the court. She doesn't play the jump out switch well on man to man but I think could be effective in the middle of a zone as a rim protector and playing Cardoza and Betts.
I saw the team under control with Ines thrown in the mix. She plays very good defense and she has offense but seems a little shy in showing it. She doesn't make silly mistakes. Passes very well.
Q and Ashlynn are good competititors and could find court time based upon the health of their teamates.

Reaction Score
After watching all four games I believe all four freshmen will play good minutes in Big East games. Looks like a helter skelter year with no improvement on turnovers from last year. Of course Paige May reduce that. I like Ice’s jab and shoot move. Ashlyn and Q could work on their handle but they sure do hustle. KK will probably split time with Nika. Wishing Caroline well.

Reactions: JBK
Reaction Score
Closer than the score would indicate. This team has a multitude of things to work on.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
After watching all four games I believe all four freshmen will play good minutes in Big East games. Looks like a helter skelter year with no improvement on turnovers from last year. Of course Paige May reduce that. I like Ice’s jab and shoot move. Ashlyn and Q could work on their handle but they sure do hustle. KK will probably split time with Nika. Wishing Caroline well.

"Helter Skelter year"? You're basing that on 4 exhibition games with a bunch of players who have next to zero playing time with each other so far? I think a few practices with the UCONN staff will clean some of that up before November.

Reaction Score
I would imagine the goal for Geno was for the team to build chemistry, get the younger players time on the court and come away from the trip with no serious injuries. Based on the pictures and the videos of the games I would say mission accomplished. It certainly is shaping up to be an exciting year for this group of Husky players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom