Humble pie may turn out to be quite delicious. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Humble pie may turn out to be quite delicious.

Reaction Score
Was it lack of effort that they had that many wide open 3's? When their shots missed we left their shooters open on the perimeter, how many 3's were off first shot misses?
In the first half alone i counted 3 uncontested 3s on plays Spencer blew. He was atrocious defensively tonight and you can tell it got in his head because he stunk it up offensively. People may want to talk about deficiency or formula on how to beat us and thats all bs. We outrebounded them, had 1 more turnover but 1 more point in points off turnovers and a lot of the numbers were about even or slightly in our favor except one big number. 3s. We hit 3 and they hit 14. Ballgame. Crayton went unconscious and we couldnt hit the ocean if we fell out of the boat. We need to be better defending the 3 because if we dont that is the great equalizer that will get us killed. Someone here mentioned if a team got really hot from 3 and we struggled that is what can get us beat and its exactly what happened.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
For all the winning this team does, when they lose they lose big. That's two 15+ point losses now.

Last year's team had more losses but the worst loss was by 12
We can't lose a tight game...:D (I know, I know, Kansas)

Reaction Score
To me, this was a perfect storm for Creighton. A #15 ranked team, fully prepared after getting beaten in ugly fashion the first time, now playing the #1 ranked team coming off a blowout victory on their home court in a supercharged environment.

Add the quick turnaround and travel to Nebraska.

Reaction Score
have to focus on defensive breakdown- why were so many Creighton players open? I would expect other teams to replicate what Creighton did offensively, so what is a better defensive plan for that kind of offensive attack? Is it just that Clingan has to stay out of foul trouble? Also, until yesterday, I thought our offense was great- but, maybe it isn't so great. What offensive options could we have tried since it was so hard to get any shooters open? And I don't know if it is some kind of pet peeve for me or something more central, but I really hate that high hedge that Samson tries to do- how many times does he foul someone 30-40 feet away from the basket? Everyone else has to scramble to cover the big man and someone was always open. There must be some other way to handle a screen up high.
It can be great, if they make their shots. Creighton did at a high %. The Huskies have proven that they can do that most games. They laid an egg in this one mainly because of the Creighton defense.

Reaction Score
We had a bad game, offensively and defensively. It happens. Creighton is a good team and they're tough at home. We lost. The sky isn't falling. Learn from it and move on to the next one. We've lost 3 games all season for God's sake. Come in off the ledge. How many losses did we have going into the NCAA tournament last year? We're OK. Maybe we needed this wakeup call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom