Hoya ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Hoya ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. 4 minutes in, we seem to be scoring at will, but something seems off to me.
  2. Horrible blocking call on Ball at 13:20. He had position before the G-town player went up, and didn't move. That's a charge all the way.
  3. Castle should have dumped the ball off to Diarra instead of turning it over on the break just under 12. But as far as I could see, it went off the G-town kid's shin and should have been our ball.
  4. Doubled them up before the 11 minute mark.
  5. Barely more then 10 minutes into the game, Alex has 15 points. Georgetown has 12.
  6. Remember back in point 1, when I said something seemed off? Just realized it's the hands. We're touching the ball on rebounds and intercept attempts, etc., but not controlling it.
  7. Man, that inbounds for a Johnson lob at 7:40 was a thing of beauty.
  8. Johnson fouls on the next play, and Karaban is mentoring him to not bring the hands down when he's in the air.
  9. Dickey Simpkins is my new most disliked announcer. One cliché after another. I know that clichés are the stock in trade of sports announcers, but Simpkins takes it to a whole 'nother level.
  10. 2nd half, and we're still bobbling the ball too much.
  11. Forcing it in to Clingan every possession to open the half is not working. Took us over 2 minutes to score, while G-town racked up 6 points.
  12. We had a 9-2 advantage in points off the break, and doubled them up 48 to 22 on points in the paint. But to me, 26 dimes on 33 baskets for the game might have been the most impressive stat.
  13. Shooting percentages -- 61-45-58 to 40-33-72.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  1. 4 minutes in, we seem to be scoring at will, but something seems off to me.
  2. Horrible blocking call on Ball at 13:20. He had position before the G-town player went up, and didn't move. That's a charge all the way.
  3. Castle should have dumped the ball off to Diarra instead of turning it over on the break just under 12. But as far as I could see, it went off the G-town kid's shin and should have been our ball.
  4. Doubled them up before the 11 minute mark.
  5. Barely more then 10 minutes into the game, Alex has 15 points. Georgetown has 12.
  6. Remember back in point 1, when I said something seemed off? Just realized it's the hands. We're touching the ball on rebounds and intercept attempts, etc., but not controlling it.
  7. Man, that inbounds for a Johnson lob at 7:40 was a thing of beauty.
  8. Johnson fouls on the next play, and Karaban is mentoring him to not bring the hands down when he's in the air.
  9. Dickey Simpkins is my new most disliked announcer. One cliché after another. I know that clichés are the stock in trade of sports announcers, but Simpkins takes it to a whole 'nother level.
  10. 2nd half, and we're still bobbling the ball too much.
  11. Forcing it in to Clingan every possession to open the half is not working. Took us over 2 minutes to score, while G-town racked up 6 points.
  12. We had a 9-2 advantage in points off the break, and doubled them up 48 to 22 on points in the paint. But to me, 26 dimes on 33 baskets for the game might have been the most impressive stat.
  13. Shooting percentages -- 61-45-58 to 40-33-72.
#2 was a makeup call for Cooley.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Nothing was off, Georgetown just terrible and Newton had a sore hand so he didn’t launch 3s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom