how's the fan turnout in Phoenix? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

how's the fan turnout in Phoenix?

Reaction Score
Purdue fans vastly outnumber everyone else. First game there basically wasn’t an empty seat in the entire stadium and it was LOUD. UConn game lots of clear out and pretty low energy…at least comparatively. Monday is going to be tough.

Reaction Score
It will basically be an away game for UConn. Not good. Probably cost UConn a few points at least on the spread.

Reaction Score
Purdue might have more fans there but were louder and more obnoxious. Our fanbase does tend to be a late arriving crowd. Get liquored up and be an annoying north easterner, you have to want it more then them.

Reaction Score
It becomes a money thing. Going to BET games is not cheap. This isn't Indy. Back to back final 4s. I was there tonight and I will be there Monday, but I can't blame fans for not flying across the country against a team who hasn't been here since 1969. It's just reality in 2024.

I will also say, you don't get the home advantage in a dome you get in let's say in an arena. UConn fans will pick up some seats on the market in the next 24 hours. We have the students there, some of which may choose to come.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Y’all sitting in the front 50 rows of the UConn sections need to pipe up. Be loud all game - the back of the section can’t carry you

Was gonna say this. 2 mins to go and it was clear we were closing it out. Everyone was standing but you could probably hear a pin drop.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the same but it's probably not going to happen. Two years in a row that unforseen things have come up so I'm probably watching at my local hangout again, which is actually a lot of fun and has been good luck.
Same. I just wish the start time wasn’t so ridiculous. Most of America is on East or central time. I hate games starting this late.

Reaction Score
Any one else notice that The UConn section was clearly further away than any other fan base was from the court? The court was not set up in the exact middle of the football stadium.

Reaction Score
Was gonna say this. 2 mins to go and it was clear we were closing it out. Everyone was standing but you could probably hear a pin drop.
Our fans are reactive. This is also what happens when you give a million tickets to a bunch of trust funders and blue hairs who don’t make a peep all game. Bring it monday

Reaction Score
We have a major problem if we make it to the Finals. It will basically be an Away game. Very disappointed in UConn fans not showing up.
I'm sure more will show up for the championship game

Reaction Score
Are we sections 124-128? Thinking of paying the premium on Ticketmaster for section 124….bringing my 4 year old and wanna make sure we’re in UConn territory.

Reaction Score
i can’t talk hopefully my voice returns by Monday what an incredible ride. My first FF . It’s not just a basketball game it’s an event . It was.louder than the last Cardinal playoff game I went to.
It will be most definitely be a home crowd for Purdue Monday for sure.
Its that UConn fans didn’t show up UConn , Bama , and NCS were all pretty even .Purdue hasn’t been in a championship game in close to 60 years
plus they already have a huge base out here.
We met up with some other UConn fans and were were loud and obnoxious

Reaction Score
i can’t talk hopefully my voice returns by Monday what an incredible ride. My first FF . It’s not just a basketball game it’s an event . It was.louder than the last Cardinal playoff game I went to.
It will be most definitely be a home crowd for Purdue Monday for sure.
Its that UConn fans didn’t show up UConn , Bama , and NCS were all pretty even .Purdue hasn’t been in a championship game in close to 60 years
plus they already have a huge base out here.
We met up with some other UConn fans and were were loud and obnoxious
Bama was definitely the smallest which surprised me a little but they are a football school as evident from their embarrassing turnout.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Depending on what happens tonight I would consider the flight and staying Monday-Tuesday as it would be cheaper
PM me if you want any help finding flights for a reasonable price… just helped someone on twitter find a 1 way from BDL to PHX for $189 tonight

Reaction Score
I will tell you this much. Big donors bought their share of tickets and sold them on the secondary. Purdue, NC St all throughout UConn sections.

Give the tickets to real fans.
UConn needs to sell their allotment regardless of who buys them. Remember the Fiesta Bowl kerfuffle? It's what kept us out of realignments since.

Reaction Score
Agreed, what the hell was that crap? Embarrassing.
I am here as well and agree that it was so disappointing how many Purdue fans are in the UConn section. If you are a donor of that level, why would you need to sell your tickets for profit. How about selling to someone you know is a UConn fan or just don't buy them and let them be there for a lower level donor who wants to go and support the team. We had annoying Purdue fans right behind us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom