how's the fan turnout in Phoenix? | The Boneyard

how's the fan turnout in Phoenix?

Reaction Score
How are we doing representation wise? I might make the trip out Monday if we make it

Reaction Score
Small sample size, but right now I'm flying in from an airport in a neutral part of the country. My flight has 6 or 7 people in Purdue apparel, and only 2 of us in UConn gear.

More folks always welcome!

Reaction Score
Lots of UConn fans out of Bradley to DC and then to Phoenix first thing this morning. Not all decked out in gear, but received a lot of comments about my UConn stuff.

I’m staying outside of Phoenix so I can’t comment on that.

Reaction Score
On flight from Atlanta to Phoenix. Mostly NC state and Alabama with some Purdue. I haven't seen any UConn fans but maybe they are dressed like me with no uconn gear in. I will represent Uconn when I'm in Phoenix l. I did bring my gear. Hope to meet some of you for the first time.

Reaction Score
Phoenix is a B1G town
Between refugees , Retiree’s and Snowbirds
were loaded with mid westerners.
During Spring training the Cubs are the toughest ticket with the best facilities than eveyone including the D- Backs .

Reaction Score
90 percent of the people I saw in Bradley this afternoon had on UConn gear. Could have been going to phoenix or Cleveland or some lame other locale like me
There were some people on my first flight into Washington who commented they were headed to Cleveland.

Heard a hilarious interaction between a younger guy and an older couple.

Younger guy: “Are you guys going to the Final Four?”
Older man: “Yup, we are excited.”
Younger guy: “That’s awesome! Plus Phoenix is great this time of the year.”
Older man: “We are headed to Cleveland for the women’s Final Four.”
Younger guy: “Oh…”

(Disclaimer: this is not a jab whatsoever toward the women, but just listening to this made me laugh. They couldn’t give them a better/more rewarding location?)

Reaction Score
Open practice earlier

Attachments

• IMG_0540.jpeg
    IMG_0540.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0539.jpeg
    IMG_0539.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 211
Reaction Score
We just won last year and have been many times. Their fans feel like this is a once in a lifetime chance. No surprise a decent portion of their fanbase are throwing caution to the wind and heading to Phoenix at all costs.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bunch of UConn fans on my flight out of Newark and only a few Purdue / NC State / Alabama.

Alabama above and away is the fanbase I saw the least of in both airports.
There’s a girl in Alabama gear on my flight, easily a 9.5/10 but she’s probably dating her brother so that stinks for me.

Reaction Score
Flying for Oakland now. No one in any team gear. Friend connecting in Detroit said it was all Purdue. Another friend flying from Boston said almost all UConn 3 NC state fans.

Reaction Score
There were some people on my first flight into Washington who commented they were headed to Cleveland.

Heard a hilarious interaction between a younger guy and an older couple.

Younger guy: “Are you guys going to the Final Four?”
Older man: “Yup, we are excited.”
Younger guy: “That’s awesome! Plus Phoenix is great this time of the year.”
Older man: “We are headed to Cleveland for the women’s Final Four.”
Younger guy: “Oh…”

(Disclaimer: this is not a jab whatsoever toward the women, but just listening to this made me laugh. They couldn’t give them a better/more rewarding location?)
I wish I was going to Cleveland right now instead of Phoenix.

Reaction Score
Lots of Purdue fans because so many midwest transplants live here. The non affiliated fans I talked root for Uconn mostly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom