How would you approach the final 2 regular season games? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How would you approach the final 2 regular season games?

Reaction Score
At this point, Hurley should try to run the table. If they lose 3 in a row, Uconn won't be a #1 seed. DC might be the only to give extra rest and watch his minutes.
I think the 1 seed is in the bag. Even before today draftkings had UConn as like -10000 for a 1.

Reaction Score
I’d be pretty happy to split these games. Marquette is going to try to throw a knockout punch in the first ten minutes and their building is going to be jumping. Definitely a winnable game but I’m not banking on it. I assume the illiterate kid will play if someone can read the schedule to him.

PC lives for playing UConn so they’re not going to sleepwalk like they have the last couple games. Plus they need it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Full Bore.... No mercy.... Play to win both.... Finish 18-2 in the BE.

Sweep the leg.

Cobra Kai Sweep GIF by IFC

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’d be pretty happy to split these games. Marquette is going to try to throw a knockout punch in the first ten minutes and their building is going to be jumping. Definitely a winnable game but I’m not banking on it. I assume the illiterate kid will play if someone can read the schedule to him.

PC lives for playing UConn so they’re not going to sleepwalk like they have the last couple games. Plus they need it.

2-1 between last two regular season games and first round of BET should be enough to secure East #1.

No need to look ahead. Prep for a big time 40 minute tornado in Milwaukee.

Reaction Score
The only thing that will kill us this week is the Norovirus which is running through every team ( including Hall and Marquette) the last few days.
Umm maybe should take some trace minerals ( Celtic Salt);& some Brazil nuts; loaded with magnesium & selenium. Seriously if norovirus is in play include getting enough vitamins & minerals in the bodies immune system & should be fine.

Reaction Score
If we lose at Marquette, make it a close loss. No more 15+ point head scratching losses, and then beat down Providence. I'd love to win both, but I'm prepared to lose to Marquette.

Reaction Score
Full bore, but rest players with nagging injuries

Reaction Score
What are the most important things left for this team In order?

1. The NCAA Tournament and team health particularly Clingan
2. Staying at least a #2 seed
3. BE tournament
4. Final 2 games
So if we lost 2 games and win on Thursday and lose on Friday we are still probably a 2 seed, correct?

I want Hurley to protect Clingan as much as possible till the tourney. Without him we are toast. Understood that you can’t guarantee players injuries but Hurley can be cautious on the PT with Karaban too because all of these games are forgotten the second the NCAA pairings come out and a 1 vs 2 seed difference to a quality team like ours is negligible.

Reaction Score
What are the most important things left for this team In order?

1. The NCAA Tournament and team health particularly Clingan
2. Staying at least a #2 seed
3. BE tournament
4. Final 2 games
So if we lost 2 games and win on Thursday and lose on Friday we are still probably a 2 seed, correct?

I want Hurley to protect Clingan as much as possible till the tourney. Without him we are toast. Understood that you can’t guarantee players injuries but Hurley can be cautious on the PT with Karaban too because all of these games are forgotten the second the NCAA pairings come out and a 1 vs 2 seed difference to a quality team like ours is negligible.
We're going to be a #1 seed. We would have to lose our next 3 games for it to even be a concern losing a #1 seed and that ain't gonna happen.

Reaction Score
We're going to be a #1 seed. We would have to lose our next 3 games for it to even be a concern losing a #1 seed and that ain't gonna happen.
And even then we’d be the highest 2 seed……in Boston and Bklyn

Reaction Score
I think only way we cud lose a 1 seed wud be if we lost final 2 games—-and upset in first round of BET. I think one more win rest of way secures a #1 seed. We run table and win BET, we shud have a good shot at overall #1.(even tho the committee sweats Purdue)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
No change for the team. Same routines. Same mental & physical toughness.

Play hard, play smart. Keep the foot on the gas.

Reaction Score
I play to win but I bump up Ball, Stewart, and Samson's minutes by 5-10 min each.
Agree. Stewart to me is so important to play - he seems to play better like most w extended mins, where he always misses his first shot no matter how open it is and that’s usually it for PT. He has such a diverse game offensively and rebounds well, can really help us.

Reaction Score
I think only way we cud lose a 1 seed wud be if we lost final 2 games—-and upset in first round of BET. I think one more win rest of way secures a #1 seed. We run table and win BET, we shud have a good shot at overall #1.(even tho the committee sweats Purdue)
Glad to hear that. We are better than the other teams so we likely do fine and health has a luck factor to it. Seeing what happened to Marquette with Kolek going down is frightening.

Reaction Score
You approach it the same way, work on your weaknesses, you can always work on things. I could see Hurley challenging Stewart, Ball and Johnson telling them I will call your number be ready. Stewart has good looks can he knock one down, can Johnson get more rebounds and less blatant fouls, work on the little things.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
All we have to do, and it is simple, really, is win the last game that we play.

Reaction Score
This upcoming game against might be equivalent to an NBA game with top seeds right before the playoffs. Not saying it won’t be intense but this game doesn’t really affect either team all that much. Could see some pre game agreement with Hurley and Shaka, to not send the dogs if your down or up a certain amount pending on time left in the game.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna need us to be on our best behavior these last 2 games so I can head to the Barclays center

Reaction Score
I'd try to win the games

But in all seriousness, a 1 seed is like 99.99999% locked up at this point. Even 0-3 to close the season puts us at 26-6, teams 4-11 all already have 6 losses and will almost all end up with more the next 2 weeks. Also, we're not going 0-3 so it won't matter

Reaction Score
Umm maybe should take some trace minerals ( Celtic Salt);& some Brazil nuts; loaded with magnesium & selenium. Seriously if norovirus is in play include getting enough vitamins & minerals in the bodies immune system & should be fine.

This plus burning some sage in the Werth Center for a couple days should do the trick...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom