How to watch Saturday’s exhibition game | The Boneyard

How to watch Saturday’s exhibition game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The first exhibition game is Saturday at 1:00. It will be available, for free, on UCONN+. There are several ways to watch:

1. Download the UConn app
  2. Watch on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, or Roku
  3. Go to UConnPlus.tv on your laptop, tablet, or phone. It’s possible to connect your laptop to your TV or, if your TV is new enough, link via Bluetooth with your tablet or phone. Techies, correct me if I’m wrong
  4. Go to UConnHuskies.com, the official site, and click on UCONN+ (see below)
I assume a replay will be available there at some point but am not 100% positive.

5FFE5B39-300D-4FCD-AF51-1C39B2021BEE.jpeg

E7A7F631-31AB-409B-9572-66332C903C28.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The first exhibition game is Saturday at 1:00. It will be available, for free, or UCONN+. There are several ways to watch:

3. Go to UConnPlus.tv on your laptop, tablet, or phone. It’s possible to connect your laptop to your TV or, if your TV is new enough, link via Bluetooth with your tablet or phone. Techies, correct me if I’m wrong
I assume a replay will be available there at some point but am not 100% positive.

View attachment 92604

View attachment 92606
Nan, Is the game schedule out listing tv coverage? Thank you for all your informative postings!

Reaction Score
If you live in Connecticut and your cable service carries WWAX, you can watch it there.
For Middletown Comcast it's 931 (standard) or 1166 (hi def).

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I posted this in a thread I started.
The UCONN+ app can be downloaded to an Android phone using the Google Play Store.​

The Live Stats will be available on the app so my plan is to watch the game using the UCONN+ app on my Roku and monitor the Live Stats on my phone.

Last edited:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this is an event with some sort of sign up pay-in-advance subscription, or is it a free event not requiring some sort of special sign in procedure???

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Screenshot (97).png

I wonder why the event is not listed yet.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this is an event with some sort of sign up pay-in-advance subscription, or is it a free event not requiring some sort of special sign in procedure???
The UCONN+ app is a free app, nothing to pay for.
You can create an account if you want to and there's nothing special about creating the account. I created an account just to select WBB as the only sport that I am interested in.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As noted in the original post, UConn+ is free

Reaction Score
The first exhibition game is Saturday at 1:00. It will be available, for free, on UCONN+. There are several ways to watch:

View attachment 92604

View attachment 92606
I believe that if you get channel 3 you can watch this game on channel 133 as they are doing some UCONN games

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If you have ROKU you can add the channel to your TV for free.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have experience with Roku. We paid $27 at Walmart for one although you can get them on Amazon too, maybe Target? Anywho, there is zero monthly cost to have a Roku and they have access to a lot of free channels and Roku has its own programming as well. We also use it to access Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime, too. Those are pay channels but, again, after the initial $25 to $35 cost for the unit, it costs nothing to own. You hook it up like a VCR - or have your grandkids do it :)

Reaction Score
There is a cutting edge technology new to most people: using a jack on most TVs labelled "coax" or "antenna" or "UHF/VHF" or "OTA." It's too complicated for me to understand but it seems you plug something called "animal ears" or an "antenna" or, if you're lucky in your location, just a bent paper clip. There's some kind of magic in the air that gives you free TV, but again it's very location-dependent.

Broadcast low-power channel 27 apparently carries WWAX programming if you're very near Avon. WFSB's website says broadcast channel 3.4 also does (that's pretty powerful and covers most of Connecticut), though I think different brands of tuners react differently and my Tivos don't seem to find WWAX on 3.4.

Reaction Score
Correction: Channel 3.4 on the Tivo does seem to be the same as 27.1, both WWAX. Channel 3.4, though, lists normal WFSB programming in the guide, e.g. Football for 1 pm Saturday. Channel 27.1 lists "WWAX Programming" with no detail.

Reaction Score
There is a cutting edge technology new to most people: using a jack on most TVs labelled "coax" or "antenna" or "UHF/VHF" or "OTA." It's too complicated for me to understand but it seems you plug something called "animal ears" or an "antenna" or, if you're lucky in your location, just a bent paper clip. There's some kind of magic in the air that gives you free TV, but again it's very location-dependent.

Broadcast low-power channel 27 apparently carries WWAX programming if you're very near Avon. WFSB's website says broadcast channel 3.4 also does (that's pretty powerful and covers most of Connecticut), though I think different brands of tuners react differently and my Tivos don't seem to find WWAX on 3.4.
More location dependent than most can imagine. Unfortunately, after our first move in 1984, we no longer access to any OTA channels. Prior to that, we got everything from NYC to Providence to Boston to Albany and Hartford, New Haven, and Springfield. Could choose between 4 different NFL games on the same network (NBC).

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I have experience with Roku. We paid $27 at Walmart for one although you can get them on Amazon too, maybe Target? Anywho, there is zero monthly cost to have a Roku and they have access to a lot of free channels and Roku has its own programming as well. We also use it to access Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime, too. Those are pay channels but, again, after the initial $25 to $35 cost for the unit, it costs nothing to own. You hook it up like a VCR - or have your grandkids do it :)
I have Roku and live in Ct, but when I use the microphone to get WWAX, only WWAY comes up, a station in North Carolina.

Reaction Score
On my Windows 11 computer, I'm trying to "Sign Up" for UCONN+ at:

and all I get, when I hover the mouse over the Sign Up box, is a darkened box with a mouse hand, and no matter how many times I click the mouse button, nothing happens. I'm using Edge, Firefox and Chrome without success.

What's the secret 'code'?

BTW, last weekend, I signed up at: Streamly - Expert Business Videos
thinking that was the procedure to Sign Up for UCONN+. My mistake.

Reaction Score
I guess I was just too early. The event shows up now on UConn+ on my computer and on my Roku. I guess I was just to anxious...
I had trouble with it last night too, but the event is showing now.

Reaction Score

View attachment 92604

View attachment 92606
Thanks for this, Nan. As soon as a question about UConn's activities comes up, I go to the Boneyard to get the answer. Over many years this has not failed me. Again, thanks.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
On my Windows 11 computer, I'm trying to "Sign Up" for UCONN+ at:

and all I get, when I hover the mouse over the Sign Up box, is a darkened box with a mouse hand, and no matter how many times I click the mouse button, nothing happens. I'm using Edge, Firefox and Chrome without success.

What's the secret 'code'?

BTW, last weekend, I signed up at: Streamly - Expert Business Videos
thinking that was the procedure to Sign Up for UCONN+. My mistake.
You don’t have to sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr