How to guard Jaedon leedee | Page 5 | The Boneyard

How to guard Jaedon leedee

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I'm saying in earlier posts. You can't let his low percentage shot dictate how we play Clingan.
I don't know if it's low-percentage but it's low-efficiency. Long 2's are the worst shot in the game. We should probably put some effort (unlike the Washington guys in that highlight, yikes) into making him uncomfortable, i.e. not give up a straight shot with momentum towards the basket, but not so much that it leaves the paint open.

Reaction Score
Ledee takes more outside shots, of course you are going to shoot a lower percentage than a player that takes 99% of their shots 8 feet and in. For example Ledee has put up 42 3 pointers this year. 42. Oso has put up 2. He takes a lot more jumpers than a pure 5.
Sure. Sanogo took 52 3s his senior year.

Reaction Score
I just read 5 pages of this thread and this is where I'm at

confused what's going on GIF by MasterChef Junior

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I realize that LeDee may be too much for us to handle so I did a bit of research and there may be light at the end of the tunnel (granted, that light could be the LeDee freight train). Just covering the past five weeks, they have lost at Utah St (yeah, it was at altitude, and we were told thirteen years ago how important that is), at UNLV, home to Boise St and to New Mexico in the MWC tournament. If you go back not quite two weeks further they also have a loss at Nevada.

There is a way to beat them, well, at least for teams as talented as the MWC schools I mentioned to beat them. Hopefully we can find a way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Eric Dixon and Ledee are wildly different players. Dixon’s game is perimeter-oriented. Ledee’s game is more like Sanogo last year. He wants to go get to the basket and bang down low but he’ll take a couple of threes a game if left wide open.

Again, no one thinks it’s absurd to discuss how UConn is going to defend Ledee. Some of us think it’s a wild take to make the statement that “we don’t have a physical match up 1-1 for him”.
Good. That makes it easier. Since he's not as big or as good as Sanogo, all Donovan has to do is keep his arms up and not reach. Meanwhile, I'd do what teams did to Sanogo and while he's figuring out what array of moves can get past DC, double him with a wing. Let's see his passing skills. Because to score on Donovan he has to dribble, and I really like my chances of our perimeter guys taking the ball if he does that.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I'm saying in earlier posts. You can't let his low percentage shot dictate how we play Clingan.
I don’t think anyone has suggested we should be chasing LeDee out to the three point line. He’s a competent outside shooter but if he wants to settle for 17+ foot shots all day, Clingan is going to let him take those.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sure. Sanogo took 52 3s his senior year.
And? He shot 35%. He had a great year. shot 63% for the year I believe. Excellent. Ledee shot 45% from 3 this year and is shooting 57%, overall also excellent.

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone has suggested we should be chasing LeDee out to the three point line. He’s a competent outside shooter but if he wants to settle for 17+ foot shots all day, Clingan is going to let him take those.
Actually it's how it started. My point was we will have to play drop coverage with Clingan when they run their action with Ledee at the top of the Key. When they do, it will be best for Clingan to stay with the screen or blocker as it is called in their offense, use Karaban to switch on his roll or when he backsout to contest his jumpers.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
If it makes anyone feel any better, the Aztec fan base is very nervous about how Leedee will match up with Clingan.
They’re obviously just pretending to be nervous as part of some sort of psyop

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You think Solo Ball is an NBA prospect, so i suppose you should stop sitting back.

You don't?

He certainly has the athleticism. What, you think because the kid isn't on the NBA draft radar after his first season in a program that he is doomed to not being an NBA prospect? Kids can't get better and play themselves into one?

Jeez someone better tell Andre Jackson and Devin Carter (and a million other kids) that!

This thread is not going well for you.

Reaction Score
Good. That makes it easier. Since he's not as big or as good as Sanogo, all Donovan has to do is keep his arms up and not reach. Meanwhile, I'd do what teams did to Sanogo and while he's figuring out what array of moves can get past DC, double him with a wing. Let's see his passing skills. Because to score on Donovan he has to dribble, and I really like my chances of our perimeter guys taking the ball if he does that.
Honestly, I don’t even think you need the double with Clingan in there. Keep LeDee to 20 on poor efficiency and absolutely lock down the rest of their offensively challenged lineup. I’m sure we’ll see a lot of doubling with Samson in because LeDee will eat his lunch down low.

Reaction Score
Actually it's how it started. My point was we will have to play drop coverage with Clingan when they run their action with Ledee at the top of the Key. When they do, it will be best for Clingan to stay with the screen or blocker as it is called in their offense, use Karaban to switch on his roll or when he backsout to contest his jumpers.
I’m going to need to see your work cited on where someone suggested Clingan should be chasing LeDee out to the three point line. I’ll wait.

Reaction Score
You don't?

He certainly has the athleticism. What, you think because the kid isn't on the NBA draft radar after his first season in a program that he is doomed to not being an NBA prospect? Kids can't get better and play themselves into one?

Jeez someone better tell Andre Jackson and Devin Carter (and a million other kids) that!

This thread is not going well for you.
Go ahead. Give us all your definition of an NBA prospect. I'm all ears.

Reaction Score
I’m going to need to see your work cited on where someone suggested Clingan should be chasing LeDee out to the three point line. I’ll wait.
You've just changed what I've said, so there is nothing to cite. Karaban should be the one patrolling him on the perimeter. That's all. We can live him taking shots, but not wide open shots. If Clingan gets caught in the action he needs to fall back and protect the paint, not fall for the bait.

Reaction Score
Go ahead. Give us all your definition of an NBA prospect. I'm all ears.
A guy who has the tools to one day be an NBA draft pick.

Definition of “Prospect”:

the possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring

What’s hard to understand?

Reaction Score

By your definition the top 500 ncaa players are NBA prospects. You're right, not hard to understand at all.

Reaction Score

Even I think Solo is an NBA prospect and I'm pretty damn low on him compared to most on here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom