How much did UConn's National Championships improve our players' NBA draft position? | The Boneyard

How much did UConn's National Championships improve our players' NBA draft position?

Reaction Score
Has anyone looked at this from a statistical perspective? I've got to think that over the past two years, our players have either improved their draft position, or become draft candidates as a result of playing for Uconn's coaching staff, and also due to the succcess of the program. I can't quantify it, but maybe someone can. And if possible, how much did it impact their income?

Reaction Score
Has anyone looked at this from a statistical perspective? I've got to think that over the past two years, our players have either improved their draft position, or become draft candidates as a result of playing for Uconn's coaching staff, and also due to the succcess of the program. I can't quantify it, but maybe someone can. And if possible, how much did it impact their income?
Yep
Tate George hit one shot and a million dollars

Reaction Score
I feel like it's hard to quantify such a thing accurately because you'd have to know their draft status if they didn't go to uconn but went to the NBA. There is no control group. But...
There are people who say it doesn't matter. I think it matters greatly. I think it helps recruiting too, putting so many guys in the draft. How could it not at this level and with DHs respect in NBA coaching circles. Also, you can't ignore the Jay Wright factor in the Knicks roster construction.

Reaction Score
Clingans best game ever was probably against Illinois and castles was probably against Bama, so it def helped showcase how high their ceilings are

Reaction Score
Not much . Those moments diminish and the private workouts with NBA teams overshadow them as the draft process plays out. The teams have very good idea who the players are after a full season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hurley and our staff get kids into the NBA

That's all I got

Reaction Score
Feel like Castle and Cling silenced some doubters... The other guys all still have their "flaws" (namely age) that stupid NBA people will have trouble looking past. AK remains to be seen. I'd be shocked if he's a first round pick at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom