Homeowners insurance | The Boneyard

Homeowners insurance

Reaction Score
Just received homeowners insurance bill for next, up 20%. Never had a claim in 42 years living here. Policy through Geico for last 20 years at least. Car insurance went up 15 % last year. I have pretty high deductible already. Any suggestions for good coverage?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just received homeowners insurance bill for next, up 20%. Never had a claim in 42 years living here. Policy through Geico for last 20 years at least. Car insurance went up 15 % last year. I have pretty high deductible already. Any suggestions for good coverage?

Could be the age of the house and the potential replacement costs.

I shopped last year and saved $800 by moving from Bering star, who I hate.

The auto policy was competitive, a few bucks more than the cheapest, but the homeowner policy savings made up for it.

I used a broker out of Farmington.

Reaction Score
Could be the age of the house and the potential replacement costs.

I shopped last year and saved $800 by moving from Bering star, who I hate.

The auto policy was competitive, a few bucks more than the cheapest, but the homeowner policy savings made up for it.

I used a broker out of Farmington.
Thanks I just Called a broker. I'll see what they come up with.

Reaction Score
We used a local agency who shopped us around every year. A buddy of mine is a State Farm rep in the NW part of CT and we switched to him and did considerably better (about 25%) on combined Auto, Home and personal umbrella policies.

Reaction Score
We used a local agency who shopped us around every year. A buddy of mine is a State Farm rep in the NW part of CT and we switched to him and did considerably better (about 25%) on combined Auto, Home and personal umbrella policies.
Will try State Farm

Reaction Score
Did you call them? My wife told our insurer she was going to drop them unless they could redo things, and they almost cut the bill in half. They blamed the higher number on an obsolete policy. We back into bracket creep again, and after 50+ years I’m ready for new blood.

Reaction Score
Did you call them? My wife told our insurer she was going to drop them unless they could redo things, and they almost cut the bill in half. They blamed the higher number on an obsolete policy. We back into bracket creep again, and after 50+ years I’m ready for new blood.
I called everyone. State Farm ended up the best deal, so I switched. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom