OT: - Home advisor- any feedback? | The Boneyard

OT: Home advisor- any feedback?

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Hey- I have a small job around the house— Wood rot in exterior windows.
My “guy” moved so I’m looking for a contractor. In west Hartford and would welcome any recommendations.
Thanks

Reaction Score
I’ve used Angie’s List. I have found only legit contractors that do dependable work with great reviews.

Reaction Score
Home Advisor is fine but I can assure you from personal experience that their background check of the contractors is a joke. Provide license, insurance and 3 references, done. I would only be minimally comfortable that the guys sent my way are legit and honest. It provides a very small layer of security. As a residential and commercial builder/roofer, my immediate thought was, “This isn’t going to differentiate us, everybody can get on here.”

I’ve found that a good handyman service can fix just about anything and what they can’t fix, they’ll have a buddy that can. I’d advise finding a solid handyman. I don’t even use my own guys around the house most of the time. I have a couple handymen that are conscientious, friendly and respectful to my wife and kids. I prefer they do small jobs at my house. They are used to that environment.

Reaction Score
Chat w your local lumber yard. Always works for me.

ps - I replaced window trim rot w pvc board few years back. Paints / stains nicely, and never rot again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom