Historical Ranking Stats. | The Boneyard

Historical Ranking Stats.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. Comparing UConn and Tennessee in the AP rankings really illustrates UConn's rapid rise to prominence and it's almost incomprehensible dominance.

Consider, Tennessee, which rose to the top to the WCBB heap in the late 70's (first #1 ranking in 1977, an almost 20 year head start as compared to UConn) has been ranked #1 for 112 weeks. UConn is at 250 weeks.

Tennessee longest streak ranked #1 is 19 weeks; UConn's is 51 weeks.

Consecutive weeks in the top 5; Tennessee is at 90 weeks, UConn at a ridiculous 253 weeks.

Tennessee longest streak at #1 is 19 weeks; UConn's is 51 weeks.

Tennessee has been ranked #1 in 17 different seasons; UConn in 22 seasons.

None of this is meant to disparage Tennessee, which has a remarkable record of success. But for UConn to so thoroughly eclipse the gold standard in WCBB in such a short period of time is otherworldly. I know that none of this is news to the BY, but every so often its good to take a step back and just say "wow."

Reaction Score
I hope this is finally the year that we don’t have to search the archives to remind ourselves that this was a championship program.

Reaction Score
I hope this is finally the year that we don’t have to search the archives to remind ourselves that this was a championship program.

Archives? That's a bit harsh.

Reaction Score
I was going to say “ancient tombs” but decided to soften it up a bit.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well with that kind of positive attitude, I'm sure you're enjoy the journey regardless.

Reaction Score
This is a totally ridiculous statement. Any team that consistently makes the Final Four is a championship program. To say otherwise is an affront to the school’s legacy. Winning championships is incredibly difficult and very often predicated on good fortune. Just ask any Yankee fan. Since 2009, they have won more games than any other team; no WS wins.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is a totally ridiculous statement. Any team that consistently makes the Final Four is a championship program. To say otherwise is an affront to the school’s legacy. Winning championships is incredibly difficult and very often predicated on good fortune. Just ask any Yankee fan. Since 2009, they have won more games than any other team; no WS wins.
Thanks for the reminder and now we have Boone for 3 more years...
Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn only leads the Lady Vols in… Number of National Championships.
So, we ‘only’ lead them in the stat that matters? Cool.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So, we ‘only’ lead them in the stat that matters? Cool.
"only" is one of those tricky words that changes the meaning of a sentence entirely depending on where the writer places it.

Reaction Score
I disagree. A team that consistently loses in the Final Four with unquestionably the better talent has a problem. The Yankees even more so. Why? The opponents want it more? The coach can’t transition the players from regular season mode to a more intensive playoff mode? Don’t know but Something is wrong. Upsets happen but this is clearly a pattern that has nothing to do that.
Paige said the loss to Arizona has motivated her. CW said “It’s time to kick ass”. Don’t know why it took to her senior year to figure that out but hopefully there is a change of attitude on this team. It’s certainly needed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom