Highlights. Inez - Ayanna Version. Paige is impressed | The Boneyard

Highlights. Inez - Ayanna Version. Paige is impressed

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ahem, not the dreaded spelling with a "z"!

:)

Nan's efforts shall not be in vain.
Sigh.

1668037166506.jpeg

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
When you spell Inez for a decade or 2, The Z simply comes without the fingers knowing.
I suspect it might be helpful to try using your brain before the fingers do their job. Seems to work for me..... most of the time.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Courtesy of Google Translate:

In Connecticut's last pre-season game, Portuguese base Inês Bettencourt (@InsBettencourt2 ) showcased her talent in two passes [22” and 38”] that impressed Paige Bueckers
No último jogo de pré-temporada de Connecticut, a base portuguesa Inês Bettencourt (@InsBettencourt2) mostrou o seu talento em dois passes [22” e 38”] que impressionaram Paige Bueckers (@paigebueckers1).

Google translated-or didn’t translate-base as base. It means guard em português. If you don't believe that, just ask Inês, who spells her name with a circumflex. In Portuguese that puts the emphasis on the final syllable. Without it, it would sound like
EE nace (Brazilian) or EE nesh (Iberian and Atlantic Islands).

Puxa vida! How hard is it to copy and paste ê?
Oh! I forgot. This is the board where some people still insist on spelling Kamilla Cardoso's name as Cardosa or Kordoza or whatever they feel like, because, after all, it's foreign so who cares. :oops::rolleyes:

While I'm in grumbling curmudgeon mode, Google Translate added a bit of dramatic flair. The original says Inês “showed” her talent, not “showcased”.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom