High school to the NBA coming soon? | The Boneyard

High school to the NBA coming soon?

Reaction Score
I recently came across an brief note in a longer article that said the NBA will be taking players directly from high school starting in 2 years. Any body else here that? Personally I am in favor of it and hope it is true for 3 reasons.

1. It will greatly reduce the 1-done nonsense
2. from the players’s point of view why shouldn’t the Allowed to go to the NBA if they are talented enough? It isn’t like medicine or something where you need education. It’s basketball.
3. I am hopeful that it will ultimately lead to a true minor league where players who want to go pro can do so directly without pretending to go to college for a year.

oh and maybe there is a 4 th reason.. It will make life miserable for Calipari, and to a lesser degree K...at least K knows hoe to actually coach. He will have to get back to it, but there is no hope for Cal.

Reaction Score
if the nba wants to allow it then great. it will help UConn and hurt programs like UK and Memphis. but there is definitely a higher risk of drafting busts out of highschool than out of college. being able to scout players for another year is invaluable.

this isn't about being fair to the players' though, the nba is a business and will do what's in its best interest. if they make this move i think it would would be geared towards jump starting their G League.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yes, HS kids allowed in the NBA starting with the 2023 Draft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom